- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Geneva Press
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Prominent Presbyterian pastors and leaders address each of the Great Ends of the Church in sermons that both challenge and uplift readers. For decades the Great Ends of the Church, a historic listing of ways Presbyterians have understood the role of the church, has helped to establish church directions in mission and ministry. The Great Ends of the Church are (1) the proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind; (2) the shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God; (3) the maintenance of divine worship; (4) the preservation of the truth; (5) the promotion of social righteousness; and (6) the exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world.
These sermons focus the church's understandings of its purpose and inspire us to dedicate ourselves to the church's work in the world. This is a book that every Presbyterian should know and is ideal for study by church groups and sessions.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Missiology
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Missiology
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology
- Start A New Search