- All Products
- Missions Evangelism & Apologeticshttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1120891&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
CBDReader for Desktop
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your desktop computer, visit cbdreader.christianbook.com.
Log in with your CBD account and enjoy your eBook.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishing
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Many Americans view the persecuted church as "third-world," needy, uneducated, and poor -- sorely lacking in much of what we assume the church needs to function well. Essentially, we see them as being in need of us. But the irony, say Carl Moeller and David Hegg, is that we're in much greater need of them.
Through a combination of inspiring real-life stories, first-hand experiences, and exposition of key Scripture passages, Dr. Carl Moeller and Pastor David Hegg examine the "normal Christian life" of Christ-followers currently suffering persecution around the world. In topical chapter after chapter, the authors conclude that the suffering church's vibrant, sacrificial, and communal faith is much closer to God's intent for His church and His children. The authors explore the areas of community, leadership, worship, prayer, and generosity, among others, revealing specific attitudes and actions of the suffering church that can renew the spiritual lives of Christians in the West. Each chapter ends with challenging questions and suggestions for personal and corporate application.
.DAVID W. HEGG(D.Min., Westminster Theological Seminary in California) is senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Santa Clarita, CA. He has a passion to promote the health of the church through expository preaching, and a reliance on the Gospel. He is a frequent speaker at retreats, camps, and Bible Conferences. David teaches at The Master's College, is the author of Appointed to Preach and The Obedience Option and blogs at www.heggthought.com. He and his wife Cherylyn have three adult children, Abby, Ellen, and Andy.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Tell Them I Love Them: Receiving a Revelation of God's Love for You - eBookJoyce MeyerSave 13%
Islam and the Bible: Why Two Faiths Collide - eBookDavid Goldmann5 Stars Out Of 5 1 ReviewsSave 27%
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search