Advanced Search Links
What Your Preschooler Needs to Know: Get Ready for Kindergarten - eBook
Delta / 2008 / ePub
$14.99 (CBD Price)
Availability: In Stock
CBD Stock No: WW12365EB
Buy Item Quantity: 1
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
This beautifully illustrated read-aloud book for preschoolers introduces them to poems, rhymes, stories, songs, history, and science fundamentals. Designed for parents to enjoy with children, the book features sidebars with suggestions for parents that will make the experience both interactive and educational.
Part of the Core Knowledge Series, this read-aloud book will introduce them to the basic knowledge and skills that are necessary for making the most out of their kindergarten experience. Developed by a team of experts to carefully sequence knowledge, this book can become the first installment in a comprehensive educational scope & sequence in your child's life. Approximately 209 pages, softcover.
Give your child a smart start with
What Your Preschooler Needs to Know
Designed for parents to enjoy with children, filled with opportunities for reading aloud and fostering curiosity, this beautifully illustrated anthology offers preschoolers the fundamentals they need to prepare for a happy, productive time in schooland for the rest of their lives. Hundreds of thousands of children have benefited from the acclaimed Core Knowledge Series, developed in consultation with parents, educators, and the most distinguished developmental psychologists. In addition to valuable advice for parents, such as what it means for a child to be ready for kindergarten, special sidebars throughout the book help parents make reading aloud fun and interactive, suggesting questions to ask, connections to make, and games to play to enrich their preschoolers learning experience. Inside you will discover
• Favorite poems and rhymesall beautifully illustrated, to be read and recited together, from Robert Louis Stevensons "At the Seaside" to limericks by Edward Lear and tongue twisters by Jack Prelutsky, plus fun "clap along!" and "fingerplay" verses that parents and children can act out together
• Beloved stories and fablesstories such as "The Three Little Pigs" and the African folktale "Why Flies Buzz" will open whole new worlds of learning and discovery
• Visual artsbeautiful full-color reproductions of classic works that foster early appreciation of art history while igniting discussions about shapes, colors, and different styles and media
• Musicdozens of songs to sing and dance to, including such "move around" songs as "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and "The Wheels on the Bus"
• Historya delightful introduction to American history, from the first Thanksgiving to Martin Luther King, Jr., with activities and stories parents and children can enjoy together
• Sciencefrom exploring the wonder of animals to the physical properties of light, air, and waterfun activities that will let children observe, experience, and enjoy the natural world
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Read all Questions/Answers for "What Your Preschooler Needs to Know: Get Ready for Kindergarten - eBook"
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products