- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 296
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Psalms for Preaching and Worship: A Lectionary CommentaryEdited by Roger E. Van Harn & Brent A. StrawnWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2009 / Trade Paperback$24.99 Retail:
$36.00Save 31% ($11.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW863218
Texts for Preaching: A Lectionary Commentary based on Year AWalter BrueggemannWestminster John Knox Press / 1995 / Hardcover$36.00 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$40.00Save 10% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW19276
Written Text Becomes Living Word: The Vision and Practice of Sunday PreachingStephen Vincent DeLeersLiturgical Press / 2004 / Trade Paperback$16.16 Retail:
$17.95Save 10% ($1.79)Availability: Out of StockCBD Stock No: WW627595
Rather than focused on getting to heaven, these sermons are structured to testify to the kingdom of God not only as our post-earthly hope but also as our present-world existence. Each sermon wrestles with matters central to living as a Christian in modern culture, including the scandal of the gospel, the centrality of suffering and service, war, abortion, racial injustice, the abuse of the elderly, and the reality of death.
Wood grapples with these issues in a singular way, informed by a widerange of reading not only in Christian theology but also in both classical and contemporary literature and culture. By rooting his homilies in specific times, places, and quandaries, he demonstrates that Christianity remains a vigorous set of doctrines and morals precisely as our preaching and ethics give shape to our worship and living.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Kingdom of God
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Moral Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Theological Ethics
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Collected Sermons
- Books >> Theology >> Culture
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Kingdom of God
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Moral Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Theological Ethics
- Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Collected Sermons
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search