- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: In Stock
In this six-session study, award-winning author Philip Yancey probes the very heartbeatthe most fundamental, challenging, perplexing, and deeply rewarding aspectof our relationship with God: prayer. What is prayer? How does it work? And more importantly, does it work? In theory, prayer is the essential human act, a priceless point of contact between us and the God of the universe. In practice, prayer is often frustrating, confusing, and fraught with mystery. Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? is an exploration of the mysterious intersection where God and humans meet and relate. Designed for use with the video.
Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew. Four of his books have sold over one million copies. Yancey lives with his wife in Colorado. Website: www.philipyancey.com
mercanoWoodland, CAAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Good BookNovember 27, 2013mercanoWoodland, CAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5This book is the guide to the CD, "Prayer does it make a difference"? It is a must have if you're doing a book or a bible study using the CD.
bubbas5 Stars Out Of 5Good guideSeptember 15, 2011bubbasQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Lots of questions and review. Hard to get through everything in a small group setting with limited time.
JamQ40Orlando, FLAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5This product is very practical and easy to use.March 4, 2011JamQ40Orlando, FLAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I highly recommend this product. It's easy to use and offers insightful information. The questions stimulate great discussions. My small group is enjoying this study.
United Church5 Stars Out Of 5This Guide has great substanceJanuary 20, 2011United ChurchQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This Guide is very well laid out for class/small group discussion which is a huge help for the group leader. The page for participants to take notes while the DVD is playing helps people stay focused. The Discussion questions are thought provoking, not simplistic. The Bible Exploration section then takes the discussion beautifully into Scripture. The remaining sections in each week's study offer additional substance for group discussion and for personal study at home during the week. This is an absolutely EXCELLENT study; fantastic for any Sunday School class or Small Group. Instead of people shying away from a prayer study, they'll flock to this one! Make sure you have the companion DVD!
Mike5 Stars Out Of 5June 28, 2010MikeYancey obviously did a lot of research for this. He writes as a real person who struggles with puzzling aspects of prayer.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? Participant's GuidePhilip YanceyZondervan / 2007 / Trade Paperback$7.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 11 Reviews
$10.99Save 27% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW75279
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Prayer
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Prayer
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Curriculum Kits
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search