Number of Pages: 690
Vendor: Penguin Books
Publication Date: 1977
Dimensions: 7.75 X 5.00 X 1.25 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
All the aspects and strata of medieval society are represented here: the life of monasteries and colleges, the codes of knigthood, the labor of peasants and the privileges of kings. There are contemporary accounts of the persecution of Jews and heretics, of the Crusades in the Holy Land, of courtly pageants, popular uprisings, and the first trade missions to Cathay. We find Chaucer, Petrarch, Boccaccio, Saint Francis of Assisi, Thomas Aquinas and Abelard alongside a host of lesser-known writers, discoursing on all the arts, knowledge and speculation of their time. The result, according to the Columbia Record, is a broad and eminetly readable "cross section of source history and literature...as rich and varied as a stained glass window."
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Academic >> Church History >> Medieval Studies
- Academic >> Church History >> Spiritual/Mystical Writings
- Books >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books >> Church History >> Medieval Studies
- Books >> Church History >> Spiritual/Mystical Writings
- Start A New Search