- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
CBDReader App for Android
Using your Android device, you can download the CBDReader App directly from the Android Market. First, click on the 'Apps' icon from your main screen.
On the app screen, click 'Market' or 'Play Store'.
Click the spy glass icon and search 'CBDReader'.
Click 'Accept and download' to affirm the terms and conditions.
Click 'Open' to open the reader.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Life Promises for Couples: God's promises for you and your spouse - eBookGary ChapmanTyndale House / 2011 / ePub$6.05 Retail:
$7.99Save 24% ($1.94)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW20525EB
After the Diagnosis: Transcending Chronic Illness - eBookJulian SeifterSimon & Schuster / 2010 / ePub$11.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW9497EB
He challenges readers to eat like the poor for forty days in solidarity with a much-neglected group of people, and to donate the money they save on groceries to a charity or project that serves the poor in concrete ways. But he doesn't expect them to go it alone. A Place at the Table includes a short chapter for each of those forty days with Scripture, reflections, prayers, encouragement, and tips for engaging the whole family in the process. The six-session DVD, shot in such locations as the Holy Land, Haiti, and Ecuador, will help small groups and entire churches go on a passionate journey of radical faith, personal action, solidarity with the poor, and extravagant grace.
oldmanchubbAge: 25-34Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Fasting - A Lost Practice for Many of UsOctober 31, 2012oldmanchubbAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5Chris Seay is becoming more of a well-known American pastor and is definitely wanting to challenge many of our perceptions about what it means to live out our faith day-to-day. I've read many blog posts by him, as well as the Advent Conspiracy (I know he has several "the Gospel According to_" books out but I have not read them yet).
A Place at the Table is a guide for those wishing to do a 40 day fast. The goal is to better empathize with the poor, by eating like how many would across the world and then donating the money saved towards helping them. Fasting obviously works very well during Lent, but he points out that really any time during the year would be fine. The first 50 pages are thoughts about what it means to fast, theological considerations and pragmatically how that might play itself out. The remainder of the pages in the book are his journal entries from when he did a 40 day fast earlier in his life. They contain Scripture passages, some reflections, a prayer and a short profile on someone living in a developing nation. These seem to be the elements one would expect from such a work.
I think Seay has a great heart and brain and I enjoyed this and look forward to other endeavors from him in the future. This book works solely from "The Voice" Bible translation (which he took part in) and so it was interesting to have that incorporated instead of a more traditional version. If you are looking for a resource that would assist you and others in a church/small group in fasting, I think this would be a very helpful resource for you. Fasting (among other spiritual disciples) is sadly a lost art among many Evangelical Christians today.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Church Life
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Service/Ministry
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Church Life
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Service/Ministry
- eBooks >> Christian Living
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Curriculum Kits
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search