- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
ChristianBook eBooks on the Sony Reader
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your Sony device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Without using ADE, the Sony Reader will attempt to open eBooks with its own software, the Reader Library, and you may receive an error message.
To bypass the Sony Reader Library, return to the eBook portion of 'My Account' on our site, and click to download the eBook again.
When the Adobe Digital Editions installer comes up, click on 'Download Item.'
If you are downloading a DRM Protected eBook, you will be prompted to open or save the URLLINK.acsm. Click 'Save'.
Save the file to your Desktop for quick access later.
Right-click on the URLLINK file, then select 'Open With' and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
If Adobe Digital Editions is not in the list, click 'Choose Default Program' and then select Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
Your eBook will open and display in ADE.
Plug in your Sony Reader, which will now display its model number and not just as Sony Reader.
Now just click, drag and drop your eBook onto the Sony Reader icon.
You can now eject your Sony Reader, open up the Books library and your eBook is ready to read.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
He challenges readers to eat like the poor for forty days in solidarity with a much-neglected group of people, and to donate the money they save on groceries to a charity or project that serves the poor in concrete ways. But he doesn't expect them to go it alone. A Place at the Table includes a short chapter for each of those forty days with Scripture, reflections, prayers, encouragement, and tips for engaging the whole family in the process. The six-session DVD, shot in such locations as the Holy Land, Haiti, and Ecuador, will help small groups and entire churches go on a passionate journey of radical faith, personal action, solidarity with the poor, and extravagant grace.
oldmanchubbAge: 25-34Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Fasting - A Lost Practice for Many of UsOctober 31, 2012oldmanchubbAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5Chris Seay is becoming more of a well-known American pastor and is definitely wanting to challenge many of our perceptions about what it means to live out our faith day-to-day. I've read many blog posts by him, as well as the Advent Conspiracy (I know he has several "the Gospel According to_" books out but I have not read them yet).
A Place at the Table is a guide for those wishing to do a 40 day fast. The goal is to better empathize with the poor, by eating like how many would across the world and then donating the money saved towards helping them. Fasting obviously works very well during Lent, but he points out that really any time during the year would be fine. The first 50 pages are thoughts about what it means to fast, theological considerations and pragmatically how that might play itself out. The remainder of the pages in the book are his journal entries from when he did a 40 day fast earlier in his life. They contain Scripture passages, some reflections, a prayer and a short profile on someone living in a developing nation. These seem to be the elements one would expect from such a work.
I think Seay has a great heart and brain and I enjoyed this and look forward to other endeavors from him in the future. This book works solely from "The Voice" Bible translation (which he took part in) and so it was interesting to have that incorporated instead of a more traditional version. If you are looking for a resource that would assist you and others in a church/small group in fasting, I think this would be a very helpful resource for you. Fasting (among other spiritual disciples) is sadly a lost art among many Evangelical Christians today.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Church Life
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Service/Ministry
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Christian Living
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Church Life
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Service/Ministry
- eBooks >> Christian Living
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Curriculum Kits
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search