Persuaded not to marry Wentworth due to his uncertain prospects and lack of current fortune, Anne Elliot broke off her engagement. Now seven years later, a decline in her family's fortune has forced them to lease Kellynch to the Crofts, leading to Anne re-encounter the now-Captain Wentworth. A brilliant satire of vanity, pretension, and missed opportunities, Persuasion marks the need to have fortitude in the face of what one knows is right. 345 pages, softcover.
The Enriched Classics series offers readers such features as:
• A concise introduction that gives the reader important background information
• A chronology of the author’s life and work
• A timeline of significant events that provides the book’s historical context
• An outline of key themes and plot points to help guide the reader’s own interpretations
• Detailed explanatory notes
• Critical analysis, including contemporary and modern perspectives on the work
• Discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
• A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader’s experience
• Reader-friendly font size
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.