- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The four viewpoints:
- Contemplative-Reflective Model focused on prayer, reflection and storytelling is explained by Dr. Scottie May, professor of Christian Education at Wheaton College.
- Instructional-Analytical Model focused on bible study and memorization is explained by Gregory C. Carlson and John K. Crupper, both on staff with AWANA
- Pragmatic-Participatory Model focused on active learning and practical application is explained by Trisha Graves, Childrens Pastor at Mariners Church, Irvine, CA.
- Media-driven Engagement Model focused on high-energy instructional technology is explained by Bill Baumgart and Greg Carper, both on staff with KIDMO
Editor Michael J. Anthony is professor of Christian Education at Biola University and Talbot School of Theology. He has earned a Ph. D. from Claremont Graduate School and lives in Irvine, CA.
Number of Pages: 352
Vendor: B&H Books
Publication Date: 2007
Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 X 0.88 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Family-Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with GodVoddie Baucham Jr.Crossway / 2011 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$16.99Save 24% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW528125
The Family Project: How God's Design Reveals His Best For You - BookGlenn Stanton, Leon C. WirthTyndale House / 2014 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$15.99Save 25% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW977880
Habits of a Child's Heart: Raising Your Kids with the Spiritual DisciplinesValerie E. Hess, Marti Watson GarlettNavPress / 2004 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$14.99Save 20% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW34272
Real Kids, Real Faith: Practices for Nurturing Children's Spiritual LivesKaren Marie YustJohn Wiley & Sons / 2004 / Hardcover$17.99 Retail:
$25.95Save 31% ($7.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW964077
Postmodern Children's Ministry: Ministry to Children in the 21st Century ChurchIvy BeckwithZondervan/Youth Specialties / 2004 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:
$16.99Save 29% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW257549
Foundations of Ministry An Introduction to Christian EducationMichael AnthonyBaker Books / 1997 / Trade Paperback$25.99 Retail:
$32.00Save 19% ($6.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW1021669
God Our Teacher: Theological Basics in Christian EducationRobert W. PazminoBaker Books / 2001 / Trade Paperback$22.004 Stars Out Of 5 1 ReviewsAvailability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW22845
Perspectives on Children’s Spiritual Formation presents in counterpoint form four views of children’s spiritual formation and four related methods of Christian Education. Each chapter is written by a prominent person(s) representing his or her view. Contributors also respond to the other viewpoints. Views include the contemplative-reflective model (cultivating a quiet, worshipful spirit), instructional-analytic model (involving child evangelism and Bible memorization), pragmatic participatory model (focusing on high-energy activities, often seen in mega-churches), and the media-driven active-engagement model (using a video-based curriculum with limited teacher training).
Michael J. Anthony is professor of Christian Education at Biola University/Talbot School of Theology and has served as a visiting professor of Christian Education at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He received his Ph.D. from Claremont Graduate School and has authored several books on Christian education. Anthony lives in Irvine, California.
John Dekle4 Stars Out Of 5January 17, 2009John DekleThe book demonstrates how broad the term "evangelical" has become in an effort to become inclussive. This becomes evident in Michael Anthony's inability to gain consensus on the meaning of "Spirituality" from the four presenters. Overall the book provides good perspectives on approaches to Christian education with children.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Kid's Ministry >> Equipping Volunteers
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Books >> Family >> Parenting >> Children's Spirituality
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Supplies
- Church & Pastoral >> Kid's Ministry >> Equipping Volunteers
- Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Church Supplies >> Sunday School Supplies
- Family >> Parenting >> Children's Spirituality
- Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Start A New Search