- All Products
- Crafts & Recreationhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1030807&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- US States
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
All the questions you've wanted to know the answers to are answered here in this fun volume of "I never knew that!" inducing Q & A. Answered in scientific, amusing, and sometimes just humorous ways, this is an enlightening and entertaining read for anyone. 212 indexed pages, softcover.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Atria Books
Publication Date: 2007
Availability: In Stock
What's the chemical formula for a human being?
Why do boomerangs come back?
Why do flying fish fly?
Do the living really outnumber the dead?
Why does lightning fork?
Why does the end of a whip crack?
Everyone has at one time or another thought up odd questions like these, questions that are strange, intriguing, maybe even impossible to answer. Making your morning omelet, perhaps you've wondered why most eggs are egg shaped. Or maybe, the last time you walked on the beach, you felt compelled to ask why the sea is salty. Watching Polly sit on her perch, have you ever marveled at how she stays there -- even when she's asleep? Well, the readers of New Scientist's wildly popular, long-running column "The Last Word" thought of these questions, too, and weren't afraid to ask them.
Why Don't Penguins' Feet Freeze? is a brilliant collection of questions and answers for everyone who enjoyed the international, runaway bestseller Does Anything Eat Wasps? Guaranteed to amaze, inform, and delight with topics such as the human body, plants and animals, weird weather, and our wacky world, it'll stump you, enlighten you, entertain and amuse you.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Homeschooling 101 - eBookMark Field, Christine Field$9.99
Blessed to Be a Grandpa, Sweatshirt, X-Large (46-48) 5 Stars Out Of 5 9 ReviewsSave 20%
Find Related Products
- Crafts & Recreation >> Trivia
- Download >> Education
- Download >> Homeschool
- Download >> eBooks >> Crafts & Recreation >> Trivia
- Download >> eBooks >> Education >> Science
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Science
- Education >> Science >> Science
- Homeschool >> Science >> Life Science >> Zoology
- eBooks >> Crafts & Recreation >> Trivia
- eBooks >> Education >> Science
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Science
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search