- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 1993
Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.5 X .5 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Power is a persistent topic of conversation in circles both sacred and secular. Yet, how are those who follow a crucified Christ, one "whose strength was made perfect in weakness," to think about power?
Martha Ellen Stortz presents an important volume for all those who lead or would lead in the ministry of the church. She lays an ecumenical groundwork for understanding ministry and authority, then systematically examines the different dimensions of power inherent in both: power over -- or coercive power; power within -- or charismatic power; and power with -- or coactive power. Through case studies and in-depth discussions, Stortz offers guidance for balancing these three dimensions of power in one's own ministry, enabling readers to recognize their own gifts or liabilities and shape their leadership styles to reflect the image of Christ.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Start A New Search