- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Dimensions: 8 1/2 X 5 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
This comprehensive problem-solving reference for pastors provides theological foundations and experience-tested techniques for effective clergy leadership.
Robert D. Dale offers insight into the dynamics of clergy management by placing leadership into a congregational context and stressing servanthood as the primary biblical leadership image. Following a discussion of the three critical dimensions of organizational effectiveness, Dale explores and critiques the four basic leadership styles: catalyst, commander, encourager, and hermit. Out of this background exploration, Dale discloses decision-making guidelines that have proved effective in helping clergy: resolve conflicts; lead churches through change; define the congregation's dream; budget resources effectively; manage meetings; build teams; and, motivate oneself and others.
Pastoral Leadership concludes with a unique look at the effects of clergy leadership on the pastor as a person, offering valuable insight into clergy spirituality, burnout, family demands, and career development. Notes, a bibliography, and review questions accompany each chapter.
To Dream Again: How to Help Your Church Come AliveRobert DaleWipf & Stock / 2004 / Trade Paperback$15.99 Retail:
$19.00Save 16% ($3.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW520300X
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Spirituality
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Spirituality
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Start A New Search