Participation in Christ: An Entry into Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2009
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Series: Columbia Series in Reformed Theology
Here Adam Neder offers an exploration of the concept of "participation in Christ" in Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics and what it means for understanding Christian faith. He clarifies Barth's claim that humanity as a whole, and human beings individually, participate in Jesus Christ--revelation, election, creation, reconciliation, and redemption all take place in Christ; and their meaning may only be comprehended in Christ. In these acts of inclusion and realization, the creature is incorporated into a fellowship that is nothing less than participation in the being of God.
The Columbia Series in Reformed Theology represents a joint commitment by Columbia Theological Seminary and Westminster John Knox Press to provide theological resources from the Reformed tradition for the church today. This series examines theological and ethical issues that confront church and society in our own particular time and place.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Modern Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Barth
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Modern Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Barth
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology
- Start A New Search