- All Products
- Business & Careershttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1031733&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Number of Pages: 186
Vendor: Random House, Inc
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 X 5/8 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
What Color Is Your Parachute? 2012: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-ChangersRichard N. BollesTen Speed Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:
$18.99Save 26% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW740102
What Color Is Your Parachute? For Retirement, Second EditionJohn E. Nelson, Richard N. BollesTen Speed Press / 2010 / Trade Paperback$12.49 Retail:
$16.99Save 26% ($4.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW082051
What Color is Your Parachute? for Teens: Discovering Yourself, Defining Your FutureCarol ChristenTen Speed Press / 2010 / Trade Paperback$14.39 Retail:
$15.99Save 10% ($1.60)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW081412
Before you start your Internet job-hunt, there are some things that you must know, like:
• Why are job sites like Monster and CareerBuilder so stunningly ineffective?
• What can you do to make sure your resumes survive the elimination process?
• How do you find the information that search engines like Google cant?
• How can you tell the difference between a genuinely helpful job board, and a website designed only to collect resumes?
• When are hobby forums more helpful than business networking sites?
• When is the Internet not helpful when job-hunting?
• What is the fatal flaw of all social networking sites?
The Guide to Job-Hunting Online, 6th Edition, not only answers these questions and many more, but shows you how to comprehensively and effectively use the Internet for all aspects of your job-hunt.
This companion to What Color Is Your Parachute?, the best-selling job-hunting book in the world, has been completely rewritten for our changing times and includes hundreds of updated website recommendations and descriptions. The Guide to Job-Hunting Online shows you how to quickly find the data that will be most helpful to you, how to identify and research the places where you will most enjoy working, how to leverage the power of social networking sites, and how to use your Internet time most effectively, avoiding the common pitfalls and setting you up for success.
Principle author Mark Emery Bolles has worked as a computer programmer, technical writer, musician, and musical instrument maker. He is an expert on using the Internet to support the job-hunter, particularly with alternative career paths.
Co-author Richard Nelson Bolles has been a leader in the career field for nearly forty years, and is the author of the best-selling What Color Is Your Parachute?, with over ten million copies in print.