- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- Biblia Textual
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- Dios Habla Hoy
- GNT-Good News Translation
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- LBLA-Las Americas
- Living Bible
- NAB-New American Bible
- NABRE-New American Bible Revised Edition
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NBD-Nueva Biblia al Dia
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- REB-Revised English Bible
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- TLA-Traduccion en Lenguaje Actual
- With Apocrypha
- Nueva Version Internacional
- English Standard Version
- NASB update-New American Standard update
- NLV-New Life Version
- TEV-Today's English Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Genuine leather covers are made from first quality animal hides. Genuine leather includes these styles:
- Top-Grain Leather is cut from the top or outside of the hide and consists of Pigskin or cowhide. Its grain is thicker and coarser than Cowhide.
- Cowhide is cut from either cattle or water buffalo. It has a finer and suppler grain, which is more durable than Top-Grain leather.
Goatskin is a beautiful and very resilient top-quality, natural grain leather. Traditionally known as ‘Morocco’ leather, it is strong yet supple and is used in the finest bindings.
Morocco is high quality leather made of imported goatskin, usually worked by hand. It is considered to be one of the finest binding leathers—very supple and durable.
Calfskin leather is a traditional high-quality leather used in fine Bible bindings. It is long-lasting, and its suppleness increases with use.
Bonded Leather is made from real leather. However, as the name suggests, the cover is made from leather pieces that are bonded together with adhesives, plastics (often polyurethane) or other bonding materials. Once bonded, the leather may be dyed, cut and embossed to look like genuine leather. The look and feel is as genuine leather. Because it is not made from a single sheet of leather, bonded leather can be less expensive, and less durable than genuine leather.
Browse Our Bonded Leather Bibles
Simulated Leather, Imitation Leather, Leather-look, LeatherLike and Leatherflex Bibles may have a leather appearance and may be constructed from a variety of materials. Traditionally these covers are slightly more durable than a paperback but not as durable as bonded leather. However recent developments in imitation leather construction have greatly improved these covers to a standard that rivals bonded leather, and even genuine leather for durability and feel. These man-made materials allow a range of style and color not possible with leather materials. Some of these better quality imitation leathers go by such names as Tru-Tone, TuTone, Duo-Tone, etc.
Browse Our Imitation Leather Bibles
Paperbacks (also known as softcover) are the least durable covers, and as such they are often the least expensive and are ideal for mass distribution for outreach and evangelism as a transitional Bible to new believers.
Browse Our Softcover Bibles
Hardcovers are more durable than paper bound books, and they are often referred to as hardbacks.They are slightly more durable than paperback bindings. They are more economical than leather bindings.
Browse Our Hard cover Bibles
Leather over board Hardcover covered with genuine or bonded leather
Waterproof A recent development, the cover and pages are made with material that is tear-and water-resistant.They're great for camping, boating and other outdoor activities (including baptisms!).
Browse Our Waterproof Bibles
Metal For the young & young-at-heart
Browse Our Metal Bibles
Loose-Leaf Great for study & sermon preparation! Available with or without its five-ring binder, it allows you to add pages of personal notes.
Browse Our Loose-Leaf Bibles