- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
No lesser authority than J.C. Ryle called George Whitefield (1714-1770) the foremost Christian leader of the 18th century. Whitefield, in turn, passed the torch to John Newton (1725-1807). Newton was a spiritual father to Thomas Scott (1747-1821) and Richard Cecil (1748-1810) and they in turn were the spiritual guides to Daniel Wilson (1778-1858). Wilson launched a missionary emphasis still seen today in Oxford churches.
In Oxford and the Evangelical Succession, Sir Marcus Loane shows the similarities between the situation of the Church of England in the 18th and 19th centuries and the modern church. If we want to change the church today, and, by extension, the world---then the stories of these remarkable servants could inspire us to do just that.
Sir Marcus Loane was the first Australian Archbishop of Sydney and Primate of the Anglican Church of Australia. He was also Principal of Moore Theological College in Sydney. He has written many acclaimed biographical works. His current occupation is as 'an active nonagerian.'
Number of Pages: 240
Vendor: Christian Focus Publications
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 8.66 X 5.47 X 0.79 (inches)|
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 06/27/15.
Abundant Faith Family Church5 Stars Out Of 5December 8, 2009Abundant Faith Family ChurchThe book is excellent. Very well written, informative, making it a joy to read. It has sparked my interest, wanting to delve into the lives of these great men of God even further! I have read many books on Whitefield and Sir Marcus Loane captured Whitefield's life perfectly in one small chapter.
What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew: From Fox Hunting to Whist: Daily Life in 19th Century EnglandDaniel PoolSimon & Schuster / 1994 / Trade Paperback$14.40 Retail:
$16.00Save 10% ($1.60)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW82368
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Evangelicalism
- Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Anglicanism
- Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Evangelicalism
- Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Saints & Notable Figures
- Books >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books >> Church History >> Evangelicalism
- Books >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Anglicanism
- Books >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Evangelicalism
- Books >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Saints & Notable Figures
- Start A New Search