- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 624
Vendor: Basic Books
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
New Light on Depression: Help, Hope and Answers for the Depressed and Those Who Love ThemDavid B. BiebelZondervan / 2003 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$15.99Save 25% ($4.00)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 03/13/15.CBD Stock No: WW47291
The Harder I Laugh, the Deeper I Hurt: Lessons for Faith Communities--Book and DVDStan Toler, Debra White SmithBeacon Hill Press / 2008 / DVD$17.99 Retail:
$24.99Save 28% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW123793
This fully revised third edition has been extensively updated and rewritten to reflect over ten years of new research on understanding and treating depression, particularly the importance of developing compassionate ways of thinking, behaving and feeling. Overcoming Depression outlines Paul Gilberts compassionate approach to a very common disorder. One of the worlds leading psychologists, Gilbert outlines a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-based program which contains user-friendly step-by-step suggestions, case studies, and practical ideas to help sufferers of depression take control of their lives. Including two new chapters and guided exercises that counteract negative thoughts and feelings, Overcoming Depression teaches readers how to develop the compassionate attention and behavior needed to conquer their illness.
Accessible and practical, Overcoming Depression is a must-have manual for people who are depressed, and is also a great resource to their friends and families, psychologists, and those working in the medical profession.
- Explains the causes of depression and why it is such a common disorder
- Uses a step-by-step approach based on CBT techniques for relief
- Includes material on all types of depression
- Describes how the mind and body can interact to provoke depression
- Considers related issues such as shame, anger, perfectionism, and guilt
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Depression
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Depression
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Depression
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Start A New Search