NRSV New Oxford Annotated Bible, 4th Ed. Hardcover College Edition
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- Dios Habla Hoy
- LBLA-Las Americas
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- KJVer-King James Easy Reader
- MEV-Modern English Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Note Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The premier study Bible used by scholars, pastors, undergraduate and graduate students, The New Oxford Annotated Bible offers a vast range of information, including extensive notes by experts in their fields; in-text maps, charts, and diagrams; supplementary essays on translation, biblical interpretation, cultural and historical background, and other general topics.
Extensively revised—half of the material is brand new—featuring a new design to enhance readability, and brand-new color maps, the Annotated Fourth Edition adds to the established reputation of this essential biblical studies resource. Many new and revised maps, charts, and diagrams further clarify information found in the Scripture text. In addition, section introductions have been expanded and the book introductions present their information in a standard format so that students can find what they need to know. Of course, the Fourth Edition retains the features prized by students, including single column annotations at the foot of the pages, in-text charts, and maps, a page number-keyed index of all the study materials in the volume, and Oxford's renowned Bible maps. This timely edition maintains and extends the excellence the Annotated's users have come to expect, bringing still more insights, information, and perspectives to bear upon the understanding of the biblical text.
- The renowned New Revised Standard Version Bible translation, the scholarly standard for study of the Bible
- Wholly revised, and greatly expanded book introductions and annotations
- Two-column Bible text layout with single-column annotations across the page bottom
- In-text background essays on the major divisions of the biblical text
- Essays on the history of the formation of the biblical canon for Jews and various Christian churches
- Detailed explanations of the historical background of the text
- In-depth treatment of the history and varieties of biblical criticism
- A timeline of major events in the ancient Near East
- A full index to all of the study materials, keyed to the page numbers on which they occur
- A full glossary of scholarly and critical terms
- 27 pages of full color New Oxford Bible Maps—with index, approximately 40 in-text line drawing maps and diagrams
- 9-point text size
- 9.50" x 7.00" x 2.00"
Classic but not stodgy, up-to-date but not trendy, The New Oxford Annotated Bible: 4th Edition is ready to serve new generations of students, teachers, and general readers
Number of Pages: 2096
Vendor: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 9.30 X 6.80 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
NRSV New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha, 4th Edition, Black, Genuine Leather, Thumb-IndexedOxford University Press / 2010 / Genuine Leather$54.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 15 Reviews
$95.00Save 42% ($40.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW289572
NRSV New Oxford Annotated Bible, 4th Ed. HardcoverOxford University Press / 2010 / Hardcover$34.49 Retail:
$42.99Save 20% ($8.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW289500
NRSV New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha, 4th Edition HardcoverOxford University Press / 2010 / Hardcover$36.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$45.00Save 18% ($8.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW289558
NRSV New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha, 4th Ed., SoftcoverOxford University Press / 2010 / Trade Paperback$28.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$35.00Save 19% ($6.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW289602
Michael Coogan is Lecturer on Old Testament/Hebrew Bible at Harvard Divinity School and Director of Publications for the Harvard Semitic Museum. He has also taught at Harvard University, Boston College, Wellesley College, Fordham University, and the University of Waterloo (Ontario), and has participated in and directed archaeological excavations in Israel, Jordan, Cyprus, and Egypt. He is the author of Old Testament text books and The Old Testament VSI.
Marc Z. Brettler is Dora Golding Professor of Biblical Studies and chair of the Department of Near Eastern and Judaic Studies, Brandeis University.
Carol Newsom is Charles Howard Candler Professor of Old Testament, Candler School of Theology, Emory University.
Pheme Perkins is Professor of Theology at Boston College.
DebbeLittle Rock, ARAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great item at a great price!April 26, 2013DebbeLittle Rock, ARAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I shopped for this specific Bible and you had it for the best price!
Q: Can hard cover Bibles be personalized with a name? I am speaking about having a Jerusalem or Oxford Annotated Bible being engraved with a name on the cover.
Most of our Hardcover Bibles, including the Jerusalem and Oxford Annotated, can be imprinted.
Q: Is this Bible smyth-sewn?
No, this Bible has a glued binding.