NRSV HarperCollins Study Bible with Apocrypha, Student Edition, Revised, hardcover
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
- Text of the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
- Up–to–date introductions to the Biblical books, based on the latest critical scholarship, by leading experts in the field
- Concise notes, clearly explaining names, dates, places, obscure terms, and other difficulties in reading the Biblical text careful analysis of the structure of Biblical books
- Abundant maps, tables, and charts to enable the reader to understand the context of the Bible, and to see the relationship among its parts.
- Every introduction, essay, map, illustration and explanatory note has been reviewed and updated, and new material added.
- Newly commissioned introductory essays on the archaeology of ancient Israel and the New Testament world, the religion of ancient Israel, the social and historical context of each book of the Bible, and on Biblical interpretation.
- There are completely new introductions and notes for many of the books in the Bible, plus a full revision and updating of all others.
- Double-column format
Number of Pages: 2208
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.50 X 2.0 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Double Column
|Text Color: Black Letter|
Text Size: 9 Point
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
Other Customers Also Purchased
NRSV Student Bible, Hardcover Study It, Connect It, Pray It, Live ItHarperCollins / 2012 / Hardcover$21.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$32.99Save 33% ($11.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW988189
PIGMA Micron 005, Ultra Fine Bible Note Pen/Underliner, BlackG.T. Luscombe Company Inc. / 2009 / Gift$2.994 Stars Out Of 5 4 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW318410
NRSV New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha, 4th Edition, Black, Genuine Leather, Thumb-IndexedOxford University Press / 2010 / Genuine Leather$64.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 18 Reviews
$95.00Save 32% ($30.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW289572
NRSV HarperCollins Study Bible with Apocrypha, Revised, softcoverHarperOne / 2006 / Trade Paperback$26.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews
$39.99Save 33% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW1228400
The NRSV HarperCollins Study Bible, Revised and Updated Hardcover with Apocryphal and Deuterocanonical BooksHarperOne / 2006 / Hardcover$29.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews
$44.99Save 33% ($15.00)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 05/09/16.CBD Stock No: WW78685X
The New Interpreter's Study Bible (NRSV with the Apocrypha), hardcoverEdited by Walter J. HarrelsonAbingdon Press / Hardcover$31.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 14 Reviews
$48.99Save 36% ($17.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW7278325
The HarperCollins Study Bible—Student Edition is the landmark general reference Bible that offers the full text of the New Revised Standard Version as well as in-depth articles, introductions, and comprehensive notes by today’s leading biblical scholars for the Society of Biblical Literature. Completely revised and updated, this edition incorporates the latest scholarship and findings as well as incorporating new diagrams, charts, and maps—25% revised or new material.
Harold W. Attridge, Ph.D., is Dean of Yale University Divinity School and Lillian Claus Professor of New Testament. He has published many scholarly contributions to New Testament exegesis and to the study of Hellenistic Judaism and the history of the early Church. He also has served as the president of the Society of Biblical Literature.
The Society of Biblical Literature is a nine-thousand-member international group of experts on the Bible and related fields.
Shannon Verbal5 Stars Out Of 5July 30, 2009Shannon VerbalThis book is fabulous and chock-full of more information not previously added to the traditonal Bible. The essays on the authorship is especially intruguing before you read the actual book of the Bible. The only fault is that it lacks a concordance, which can be helpful when locating the more "famous" passages.
Virginia Shivar5 Stars Out Of 5May 28, 2009Virginia ShivarI think this book is great! I was first introduced to it by my granddaughter who was taking a college course in Religion. The language was so much easier to understand and the explanations at the bottom of the page were very helpful for understanding the text. I decided then to order my own book and got wonderful service from Christianbook.com. Thank you. Virginia Shivar