NRSV HarperCollins Study Bible with Apocrypha, Student Edition, Revised, hardcover
- All Products
- Helps & Features
- Media Type
- Text Color
- Text Layout
- Text Size
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- Text of the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
- Up–to–date introductions to the Biblical books, based on the latest critical scholarship, by leading experts in the field
- Concise notes, clearly explaining names, dates, places, obscure terms, and other difficulties in reading the Biblical text careful analysis of the structure of Biblical books
- Abundant maps, tables, and charts to enable the reader to understand the context of the Bible, and to see the relationship among its parts.
- Every introduction, essay, map, illustration and explanatory note has been reviewed and updated, and new material added.
- Newly commissioned introductory essays on the archaeology of ancient Israel and the New Testament world, the religion of ancient Israel, the social and historical context of each book of the Bible, and on Biblical interpretation.
- There are completely new introductions and notes for many of the books in the Bible, plus a full revision and updating of all others.
- Double-column format
Number of Pages: 2208
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.50 X 2.0 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Double Column
Text Color: Black Letter
NRSV HarperCollins Study Bible with Apocrypha, Revised, softcover 4.5 Stars Out Of 5 11 ReviewsSave 33%
The NRSV Discipleship Study Bible with the ApocryphaEdited by B.C. Birch, B.K. Blount, T.G. Long & G.R. O'Day5 Stars Out Of 5 10 ReviewsSave 10%
The landmark general reference Bible (with over 150,000 copies sold) that offers the full text of the New Revised Standard Version. Completely revised and updated, this new edition includes revised introductions and notes, and new diagrams, charts and maps25% revised or new material.
More Praise for the HarperCollins Study Bible:
•"I ... can speak with unbounded praise for this work. The auspices are impeccable, the sponsorship is by one of the most prestigious and effective publishing firms in the field of religious publishing, and the scholarship under the aegis of the Society of Biblical Literature, which is the only game in town, the NBA of Bible study in this country (and abroad)."David Noel Freedman, Endowed Chair in Hebrew Biblical Studies, University of California, San Diego; EditorinChief, Anchor Bible Project
•"The HarperCollins Study Bible engages some of the best of biblical scholarship for removing unnecessary obstacles in reading the Scriptures. I welcome its publication and recommend it highly."Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza, The Krister Stendahl Professor Scripture and Interpretation, Harvard University
•"The HarperCollins Study Bible is the most authoritative ecumenical Bible available, the work of scholars who are at the cutting edge of their subjects. I recommend it highly."John J. Collins, The University of Chicago
•"This is the Bible I have been looking for to use in undergraduate courses. The text itself is clear and readable. The introductions are sound and precise. The footnotes are balanced, accurate and hit a good balance between the dangers of being too terse and too extended."Harvey Cox, The Victor S. Thomas Professor of Divinity, the Divinity School, Harvard University
•"An invaluable resource for teachers and students, and indeef for every thoughtful reader of the Bible."Richard P. McBrien, CrowleyO'BrienWalter Professor of Theology, University of Notre Dame
•"I am extremely glad for the HarperCollins Study Bible....Every effort has been made to make these study notes understandable and accessible to ordinary readers. They can be trusted to provide reliable information without trying to control what should be believed."Richard Foster, author of Celebration of Discipline
Harold W. Attridge, Ph.D., is Dean of Yale University Divinity School and Lillian Claus Professor of New Testament. He has published many scholarly contributions to New Testament exegesis and to the study of Hellenistic Judaism and the history of the early Church. He also has served as the president of the Society of Biblical Literature.
The Society of Biblical Literature is a nine-thousand-member international group of experts on the Bible and related fields.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Italian Duo-Tone Names of Jesus Bible Cover, Large 4.5 Stars Out Of 5 8 ReviewsSave 20%
When the Trees Say Nothing; Writings on NatureThomas MertonSave 10%