- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- Biblia Textual
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- Dios Habla Hoy
- GNT-Good News Translation
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- LBLA-Las Americas
- Living Bible
- NAB-New American Bible
- NABRE-New American Bible Revised Edition
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NBD-Nueva Biblia al Dia
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- REB-Revised English Bible
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- TLA-Traduccion en Lenguaje Actual
- With Apocrypha
- Nueva Version Internacional
- NLV-New Life Version
- TEV-Today's English Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|/preview/61/23/567120_1_720X405.mp4http://g.christianbook.com/g/media_resource_attributes/75/35/567120_1_vthumb.png/media_resource_attributes/75/36/567120_1_vposter.pnglisting||1. John Ch. 3||media||Stephen Johnston||?|
- Over 70 Hours of Dolby Digital Stereo Audio on one DVD
- Dramatized multi-voice narration of the Old and New Testament
- Optional Through the Bible in a Year Weekly Reading Guide
- Synchronized graphics & text showing every verse
- Words of Christ in red text
- Widescreen (16:9) and Full Frame (4:3) display
- Interactive menus that allow direct access to any book or chapter
- Optional playback modes including:
- Play any chapter
- Play any book
- Play a weekly portion of the Bible with the 52 Week Bible Guide
- Continuous play of the entire Holy Bible
- No region coding
- NTSC TV format
- Ultimate Bible Q&A Game—Hundreds of questions to test your Bible knowledge (1-4 players)
- Holy Land Photo Tour—Enjoy scenes of the Holy Land with your choice of three audio tracks.
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
The New Living Translation® Video Bible, narrated by Stephen Johnston and an Emmy®, Tony® and Golden Globe® award-winning cast, is a very powerful Bible study tool. This edition includes the complete Old and New Testament, along with the Through the Bible in a Year Weekly Reading Guide, which allows you to see and hear the complete Word of God in a convenient 52 week format on your television or computer.
• Over 70 Hours of Dolby Digital® Stereo Audio on one DVD
• Dramatized multi-voice narration of the Old and New Testament
• Optional Through the Bible in a Year Weekly Reading Guide
• Synchronized graphics & text showing every verse
• Widescreen (16:9) and Full Frame (4:3) display
• Interactive Menus that allow direct access to any book or chapter
• Optional playback modes including play a single chapter, play a single book, play a weekly portion of the Bible with the 52 Week Bible Guide, and continuous play of the entire Holy Bible
• No Region Coding
• NTSC TV format
Bonus Material includes
• Ultimate Bible Q&A GameHundreds of questions to test your Bible knowledge
• Holy Land Photo TourEnjoy scenes of the Holy Land accompanied by classical music.
BookGuyOntario, CanadaAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Easy to Understand, Great NarrationDecember 12, 2013BookGuyOntario, CanadaAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5We had not read the NLT before and it is an interesting translation, especially in this format.
We have been using it every night to go through 3 chapters. Occasionally we might add on an extra chapter or two if the chapters were short. It takes about 10 to 20 minutes every night and has been a real blessing.
We started perhaps 8 or 9 months ago and have not missed a day. We started at Genesis 1 and are currently in Mark. Great way for a couple or family to read through the entire Bible together.
The narration is well done, and having the text on the screen as you go along has been very handy. In some stories there is character narration with other voices, and sometimes background sounds.
Overall very satisfied. Once we finish, we might try a different translation and go all the way through again.
There are other products with other translations, so if the NLT isn't your cup of tea, I would suggest getting a different one and just work your way through the Bible this way.
Many times people have a great goal in mind to read through the Bible in a year or whatever. We have found that as a couple, this is a great way to work through the Book of Books together. Depending on the age of the children, this would also be great for a family.
Of course, we still read and study the Bible in the morning as part of our Quiet Time, but this product is very handy for the 'quick overview' by making sure we also read through the entire Bible at night time.
For the price, how can you go wrong?
Hope that helps!
Q: Does this version have background music like the older version that was published by DVD International? For several years, I have owned a similar product, ISBN 1932556664, published by DVD International. My version has background music that I find to be too loud sometimes; so I am wondering whether this newer Hendrickson version has no background music, which I would prefer. The package shown on this website doesn't indicate whether there is background music.
While there is not background music through the whole DVD, because it is dramatized, it does have music in parts.
Q: Is the reading from the 2004 ed of the NLB
No, this is read from the 1996 edition of the NLT.
Q: how can i hear a sample dvd bible nasb video bible narrated by stephen johnston
You can hear a sample of Stephen Johnson's narration at CBD stock # WW37585.
Other Customers Also Purchased
A Musical Tribute to C.S. Lewis, Compact Disc [CD]Maranatha Music / Compact disc$0.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$13.98Save 93% ($12.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WWCD4925
The Gospel According to Tolkien: Visions of the Kingdom in Middle-earthRalph C. WoodWestminster John Knox Press / 2003 / Trade Paperback$3.39 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$17.00Save 80% ($13.61)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW226108
Stepping Out of Denial into God's Grace Participant's Guide 1: A Recovery Program Based on Eight Principles from the BeatitudesJohn BakerZondervan / 2012 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$6.99Save 14% ($1.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW689614