NLT Personal Size Life Recovery Bible - softcover ed.
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The popular Life Recovery Bible is now available in the New Living Translation. Designed for both the Christian who is seeking God's view on recovery and the non-Christian who is seeking God and answers to recovery, the Life Recovery Bible will lead readers to the source of true healing-God himself. The features of this best-selling Bible were brought together by two of today's leading recovery experts, David Stoop, Ph.D., and Stephen Arterburn, M.Ed.
- Recovery notes pinpoint passages and thoughts important to people in recovery
- Twelve Step devotionals discuss the important truths of the Twelve Steps in the context of Scripture
- Serenity Prayer devotionals reflect on principles from the Serenity Prayer illuminated by specific Bible passages
- Recovery Profiles feature recovery lessons drawn from the lives of key Bible people
- Recovery Principle devotionals show how the Bible addresses many specific concerns of people in recovery
- 7-point text
- 6-point notes
- Double-column format
- Book Introductions
- User's Guide
- Life Recovery Topical Index
- Index to recovery profiles
- Index to Twelve Step Devotionals
- Index to Recovery Principle Devotionals
- Serenity Prayer Devotionals
- Index to Recovery Reflections
- Personal Size Softcover
- 8.0 x 5.25" X 1.25"
Vendor: Tyndale House
Publication Date: 2007
Dimensions: 8.0 X 5.25 X 1.25 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Double Column
Text Size: 5-7 Point|5-7 Point Notes
Text Color: Black Letter
The Life Recovery Workbook: A Biblical Guide Through the 12 StepsStephen Arterburn, David StoopTyndale House / 2007 / Trade Paperback$8.19 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 14 Reviews
$9.99Save 18% ($1.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW313283Video
The Life Recovery Journal: Becoming a New You - One Step at a TimeStephen Arterburn, David StoopTyndale House / 2009 / Trade Paperback$8.19 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$9.99Save 18% ($1.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW328232
Life Hurts God Heals: 8 Step Recovery Program for Students with Pain and Addiction CDROMDoug Fields, John Baker, Megan HutchinsonGroup Publishing / Compact disc$64.99 Retail:
$79.99Save 19% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW105086
- New Living Translation
- Recovery NotesPlaced throughout the Bible text, these notes pinpoint passages and thoughts important to recovery
- Twelve Step DevotionalsA reading chain of 84 Bible-based devotionals tied to the Twelve Steps of recovery and placed throughout the Bible text
- Serenity Prayer DevotionalsBased on the Serenity Prayer, these devotionals provide an excellent More than 50 Bible-based devotionals create an excellent guide to recovery
- Recovery ProfilesKey Bible characters are profiled and important recovery lessons are drawn from their lives
- Recovery ReflectionsTopically arranged recovery reflections pinpoint specific Scripture passages at the end of most Bible books
- Recovery ThemesProminent recovery themes are discussed at the openings of various Bible books
- Other Features: Outlines, book histories, topical index, devotional index, book introductions, user's guide, and a 12-step comparison chart
PaulMiami, FLAge: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5helpful for anyone in recovery from addictionJuly 25, 2012PaulMiami, FLAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Very helpful notes, whether one is in a 12-step program or not. Even the notes that are built around 12 steps are very Bible based, and most notes are simply related to the Bible text itself.
Seems to me that at their root, all addictions are basically the same, and the notes here help us strip away superficial stuff and rebuild our lives based on God's Word.
So the Word of God itself is the treasure; the notes point us to that treasure and to the loving, powerful, all-wise One who speaks His word to us!
PottseyCoconut Creek, FLAge: Over 65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Excellent for my Prison Ministry groups.July 12, 2012PottseyCoconut Creek, FLAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4I use this translation for my personal study and meditation. It is also helpful for use with prisoners I encounter during my Prison Ministry. Recovery is something that we all must deal with and the Twelve Steps are the key.
sandyWartburg,TnAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5The products were exactly what I was Looking for.April 2, 2012sandyWartburg,TnAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Bought these bibles for my sunday school class.They are great & just what I was looking for to futher study God's Word. Thank You
Harriet BiggersGAAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5July 21, 2011Harriet BiggersGAAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 3Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I ordered this Bible to present to my son on his 1st birthday of sobriety. I plan to attend the NA meeting in August on his celebration and present it to him. I just know he will read it and be happy to have it. So glad I found it in your catelog.
mamoAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5March 27, 2011mamoAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Gave this to my daughters boyfriend who is in recovery. He really liked it.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The NKJV Word of Promise New Testament on CDThomas Nelson / 2012 / Compact disc$7.99 Retail:
$49.99Save 84% ($42.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW30551X
NKJV Jesus Calling Devotional Bible: Enjoying Peace in His Presence, Padded HardcoverEdited by Sarah YoungThomas Nelson / 2011 / Hardcover$9.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 52 Reviews
$39.99Save 75% ($30.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW548629Video