- Helps & Features▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The popular Life Recovery Bible is now available in the New Living Translation. Designed for both the Christian who is seeking God's view on recovery and the non-Christian who is seeking God and answers to recovery, the Life Recovery Bible will lead readers to the source of true healing-God himself. The features of this best-selling Bible were brought together by two of today's leading recovery experts, David Stoop, Ph.D., and Stephen Arterburn, M.Ed.
- Recovery notes pinpoint passages and thoughts important to people in recovery
- Twelve Step devotionals discuss the important truths of the Twelve Steps in the context of Scripture
- Serenity Prayer devotionals reflect on principles from the Serenity Prayer illuminated by specific Bible passages
- Recovery Profiles feature recovery lessons drawn from the lives of key Bible people
- Recovery Principle devotionals show how the Bible addresses many specific concerns of people in recovery
- 9 point text
- 8 point notes
- Double-column format
- Book Introductions
- User's Guide
- Life Recovery Topical Index
- Index to recovery profiles
- Index to Twelve Step Devotionals
- Index to Recovery Principle Devotionals
- Serenity Prayer Devotionals
- Index to Recovery Reflections
- 63/4" X 91/2" x 13/4"
Number of Pages: 1760
Vendor: Tyndale House
Dimensions: 9.5 X 7.0 X 2.0 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Double Column
Text Size: 8 Point Notes|9-10 Point
Text Color: Black Letter
NLT Personal Size Life Recovery Bible - softcover ed.Stephen Arterburn, David StoopTyndale House / 2007 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 18 Reviews
$19.99Save 35% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW316260Video
CEV The Freedom BibleAmerican Bible Society / 2011 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 30% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW169887
The NLT Life Recovery Bible for TeensTyndale House / 2013 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 30% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW387574
- New Living Translation
- Recovery NotesPlaced throughout the Bible text, these notes pinpoint passages and thoughts important to recovery
- Twelve Step DevotionalsA reading chain of 84 Bible-based devotionals tied to the Twelve Steps of recovery and placed throughout the Bible text
- Serenity Prayer DevotionalsBased on the Serenity Prayer, these devotionals provide an excellent More than 50 Bible-based devotionals create an excellent guide to recovery
- Recovery ProfilesKey Bible characters are profiled and important recovery lessons are drawn from their lives
- Recovery ReflectionsTopically arranged recovery reflections pinpoint specific Scripture passages at the end of most Bible books
- Recovery ThemesProminent recovery themes are discussed at the openings of various Bible books
- Other Features: Outlines, book histories, topical index, devotional index, book introductions, user's guide, and a new 12-step comparison chart
New hardcover edition September 2012: Now with new video introductions (online via QR codes) to each of the 12 Step Devotionals featuring Stephen Arterburn, and a topical Bible Verse Finder to help the reader quickly find what the Bible says about common issues.
Penny PincherSaskatchewan, CanadaAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A great resource book and devotional assistantMay 18, 2013Penny PincherSaskatchewan, CanadaAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This Bible was the perfect answer to a friend of mine, who, when she heard I had ordered one, wanted one for herself. She has told me she was reading it the very next day and received a lot of help from it. The 12 step basis was formerly a problem for her, but when she used the Bible and read the devotionals, she changed her opinion, and is much more receptive to 1 step principles.
kam33Newport ARAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Has helped many of peopleAugust 13, 2012kam33Newport ARAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I am a recovering addict of three years a special friend gave this to me and it help me apply my life with Bible and daily living with the 12 steps. The 12 steps are not just for addicts they can be used for anyone who wants to make life better. I will never stray from this Bible.
TLoopMaple Grove, MNAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5I'm so excited to give this Bible as a gift!December 14, 2011TLoopMaple Grove, MNAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This Bible exceeded my expectations - it's beautiful, and exactly what is needed. I am so excited to give this Bible as a gift -- I know the recipient will be equally as excited. Thank you CBD!
BienHoaVetBedford, MAAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Great product, great service and great value!June 3, 2011BienHoaVetBedford, MAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This translation bridges the gap between my concept of "Higher Power" and Jesus Christ. Reading the study notes is just like going to a meeting: I seem to get exactly what I need at that point in time!
Keiki HendrixGreenville, SCAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5April 27, 2010Keiki HendrixGreenville, SCAge: 45-54Gender: femaleFrom Tyndale House comes a new Bible specifically designed for those recovering from addiction of any kind. Based on the 12 step model, this Bible can be used by anyone needed support or encouragement as they learn to trust God using His Word in battling addiction.The 12 step model that is generally associated with addiction to drugs or alcohol, but this model can be used for a variety of addictive behavior patterns. Woven into The Life Recovery Bible NLT are key areas that can assist anyone who has identified behavior in themselves that needs to change.What I found exceptional my review of this bible was first that the New Living Translation is used. The NLT is perfect for those who may not know God personally and perhaps have picked this bible up to begin a recovery process, or for the new believer who needs a version of Gods Word that is easy to read, but it is also good for the seasoned bible student as it can added to their understanding if read along with the King James Version.Next, I found the Recovery Themes section that introduces each book of the Bible to be interesting and suggests the recovery perspective in each book. When selecting a Bible for a specific reason, connecting the reader and their issue to Gods Word as it applies to that specific need is paramount. The Recovery Themes achieve this.Included also are devotionals, prayers, profiles, notes, reflections, outlines, indexes, and user guides. All together, this is an exceptional Bible born from a ministry to touch those in addiction. I recommend it highly.Disclaimer:The review copy of this Bible was provided free of charge by Tyndale House Publishing and was donated to the Celebrate Recovery Ministry of Westwood Baptist Church.
Q: Is the Hardcover Life Recovery Bible Actually Green In Color? I have a softcover "The Life Recovery Bible" by Tyndale. It is very worn and the pages are falling out. I would like to preserve it, by purchasing the hardcover version. Is the color green or is it blue like the original softcover one?
The cover of this Bible is in the original blue color.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam BrownEric BlehmWaterBrook Press / 2013 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 12 Reviews
$14.99Save 33% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW730702Video