NLT Girls Life Application Study Bible Soft Leather-Look Hot Pink
- Grade Level▼▲
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This fun, fresh Bible, created especially for girls ages 11 & up, presents God's Word in a meaningful way that helps them grow strong in their faith. Special features address issues girls and boys are facing at this age related directly to the experiences of living and growing up. There are many special features, including profiles of women in the Bible, character dilemmas ("How should I respond in this situation?"), answers to hot issues of the day, and—on the lighter side—some accounts of embarrassing stories that have happened to boys and girls at this age.Features:
- Age-appropriate notes.
- Attractive cover designs.
- 16 pages of full-color illustrations about Bible-time daily life and customs.
- Presentation page.
- 1 year Greatest Stories reading plan.
- Quick Answers topical index.
- At-a-Glance--A first-person narration by women of the Bible about their own experiences and lessons learned.
- What Now?--Authentic, third-person scenarios in a conversational format designed to challenge readers to make their own decision about a real-life situation, pointing to Scripture for answers.
- I Survived!--Personal stories of how older teens handled situations tweens are currently facing.
- I'm Not the Only One!--Gives a lighter perspective on embarrassing situations.
- Is It OK?--A reality check on what the Bible has to say about questions that are really on kids' minds.
- Amazing Facts--Interesting tidbits of Bible information designed to hook readers to Scripture.
- Memory verses, charts, maps, book introductions, Plan of Salvation, and how to Read the Bible.
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 1568
Vendor: Tyndale House
Dimensions: 8.75 X 6.0 X 1.75 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Text Size: 8 Point
- What Now? Learn how to make good choices in tough times
- I Survived! Personal survival stories from older teens about how they made it
- Amazing Facts Bible trivia
- At a Glancethe lives of famous women in the Biblegood and badbecome lessons for teens
- Is It OK? A reality check on what the Bible says about the questions that are really on your mind
- 2-color interior; 16 pages of full-color illustrations about Bible times
- Book introductions and timelines
- Charts and 3-dimensional maps
Randi2 Stars Out Of 5Inappropriate content for 8-11 year oldsMay 14, 2014RandiQuality: 3Value: 2Meets Expectations: 1I purchased this Bible for my 9 year old, based on the publisher's recommended age starting at 8. I do see now that in the description it states ages 11 & up, but I missed that when I purchased it. I could name quite a few sections that are inappropriate for my 9 year old, but one in particular is an "I survived" entry on sexual purity. A portion is about a boy's temptation as he spent more & more time with his girlfriend, "struggling with the temptation to have sex", and he invited her over when his parents weren't home & started kissing her, telling her that "couples in the movies...don't wait for marriage to have sex". Ultimately there is a good lesson to be learned in the story, however, it is definitely not appropriate for a girl my daughter's age.
Seh1082Age: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great girls youth bibleJanuary 2, 2014Seh1082Age: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This bible is an excellent start for any young girl wanting to learn more from God's word. My nine year old just loves it!
BuckeyeAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Reasonable valueOctober 17, 2013BuckeyeAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4Very nicely done for a young girl. Paper and cover may be a bit flimsy, but if respect for books and Bibles is taught, ought to hold up.
SundayeWilliston, FLAge: 55-65Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5NLT Girls Study Bible Glitter Grape ButterflyJuly 20, 2013SundayeWilliston, FLAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4First of all when you read these reviews you must pay CLOSE attention to what you are reading. I found that reviews for many different bibles are in the reviews for this bible.
I ordered this Bible for my granddaughter's 9th b-day many months is advance because it does not have Red Letters that I prefered so I underlined in red pen. Quite a project that I will not do again. :).
I found this Bible to be very attractive not only for a young girl but I would use it if I had one. I found the Features: What Now, I Survived, Amazing Facts, and At A Glance interesting. Even though they may not apply at her age now, they may in the not too far future.
Many have stated that the pages sticking together have been a problem. I went page by page through the Old Testament and then of course I went page by page to underline in red in the New Testament. I did not have more than dozen pages stick together and they were not bad at all. My gold leaf bible was the same.
The pages are thin and print from one page can make the next page a little fuzzy. But once again I have this with my own Bible.
She really likes it and she is even reading it and asking her dad how a man can have a baby when he is 100 yrs old.
She is 1,000 miles away from me but I pray she will continue to read and learn how to live in the words of our Lord.
I think this beautiful Bible will encourage her.
So if you are looking for a nice Bible at a resonable price for a young girl you can't go wrong with this one. She will use it for many years to come. The only reason she would need to get another one is for a more mature print.
wis and wistak and wiswisAge: Under 18Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5i reccomend this book for little girls every whereJune 26, 2013wis and wistak and wiswisAge: Under 18Gender: femaleQuality: 3Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4I think that girls that got this Bible will be very pleased and girls that want it someday; God will bless you with it. love wisdom grant
Q: Are the pages guilded on this Bible? If so, what color? CBD Stock No: WW302665I want to get this for my grand daughter for Easter, and I would also like to get Bible tabs to match the color of the guilding...
Other Customers Also Purchased
Jesus Took Bread (Matthew 26:26-28) Bulletins, 100Warner Press / 2012 / Other$6.49 Retail:
$8.25Save 21% ($1.76)Availability: Out of StockCBD Stock No: WW117511
NLT Teen Life Application Study Bible, TuTone Steel City Imitation LeatherTyndale House / 2012 / Imitation Leather$32.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$44.99Save 28% ($12.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW324654