NLT Chronological Life Application Study Bible, Leatherlike Brown/Tan
- All Products
- Text & Referencehttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1119089&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Helps & Features
- Media Type
- Text Color
- Text Layout
- Text Size
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
The new four-color Chronological Life Application Study Bible combines the proven resources of the Life Application Study Bible with a chronological format and several brand-new resources. The Bible is arranged in 10 chronological sections that help the reader to see how the various pieces of the Bible fit together. New section intros and timelines set the stage for the passages in each section. New archaeological notes and photographs help to bring God's story to life in a whole new way. And of course, the Life Application resources answer the all-important question—"so what?"
- Section Introductions—Background information help you get the big picture of biblical history
- Chronological Format—Read God's story in the order it happened
- Parallel Passage Indicator—Shows you when there are multiple perspectives of a single story
- Running Timeline—Notes key biblical and world events in the margin
- Full-color Maps, Photos, & Illustrations—Unique presentation of biblical history and content
- Life Application Notes—Learn how to apply the Word to your life with the most trusted application notes available today
- Archaeological Discoveries—Brings you closer to the world of the Bible with engaging insights
- Christian Worker's Resources—Sharing the faith with others
- The Bible Book-By-Book—Introductions and outlines to each of the books of the Bible
- NLT Dictionary/Concordance
- Master index to all study notes, chart, map, personality profile, or archaeology notes
- Presentation page
- Gold page edges
- Ribbon marker
- 9.50" x 6.75" x 2.00"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2448
Vendor: Tyndale House
Publication Date: 2012
|Dimensions: 9.5 X 7 X 2 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
NLT Chronological Life Application Study Bible, HardcoverTyndale House / 2012 / Hardcover$30.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 68 Reviews
$49.99Save 39% ($19.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW339270Video
NLT Chronological Life Application Study Bible, Leatherlike Brown/Green/Dark TealTyndale House / 2012 / Imitation Leather$48.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 68 Reviews
$79.99Save 39% ($31.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW339291Video
NIV Integrated Study Bible: A Chronological Approach for Exploring ScriptureJohn R. Kohlenberger IIIZondervan / 2013 / Hardcover$23.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$34.99Save 31% ($11.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW411031
The Bible is the story of Gods interaction with his creation. It is a story that occurs over time, in many places, and through many events. It includes the lives and lessons learned by many people from many cultures. Its often easy to lose sight of the way in which Gods story fits together when our primary way of looking at the Bible is a bit here and a bit there.
The new four-color Chronological Life Application Study Bible combines the proven resources of the Life Application Study Bible with a chronological format and several brand-new resources. The Bible is arranged in 10 chronological sections that help the reader to see how the various pieces of the Bible fit together. New section intros and timelines set the stage for the passages in each section. New archaeological notes and photographs help to bring Gods story to life in a whole new way. And of course, the Life Application resources answer the all-important questionso what?
Sunita5 Stars Out Of 5Winning combination: Chronology & Life ApplicationJuly 15, 2014SunitaQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5
I love how inviting this Bible is to pore over, given the beautiful full-colour illustrations, archaeological maps, charts and diagrams interspersed throughout the text. I especially like the running timeline at the top of each page, showing me exactly where I am in terms of the ten major historical eras featured in this Bible. What I like best of all is the winning combination of chronology and life application, allowing me to transform knowledge into action.
Nikki SimplystrivingAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Insightful, Refreshing, Loaded!April 24, 2014Nikki SimplystrivingAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 3Meets Expectations: 5
I read the Bible through in a different translation each year and was elated with the idea of reading it through chronologically. I've read the NLT before, but not in this format.
I honestly thought I would enjoy this Bible simply for the chronological viewpoint, but I was wrong. I've throughly enjoyed all the helps. Especially the sections where they highlight Biblical Characters and list their strengths/weaknesses, key verses, failures/accomplishments, etc... I loved the layout of all the disciples. And the maps are very helpful.
The back indexes are refreshing. Especially the one where they list each book of the Bible and it's mega themes, etc. my other study Bibles are lacking that aspect.
It did take some getting used to in terms of figuring out the layout. And I still have a hard time finding a specific verse I'm looking for, but I have other Bibles for that. This Bible is helping me dig deeper into the Word. It's making it more personal and I highly recommend it.
The Bible is heavy! It's not one to just add to your purse, but it's certainly one to add to your library. better yet, your nightstand.
NOTE: I received a copy from Tyndale in exchange for my honest review. all ideas expressed above are my own.
BrendaWVAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Easy to useFebruary 18, 2014BrendaWVAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
I am addicted to collecting Bible's! There I said it. Thing is some Bibles are better than others because of their features, others are just pretty to look at, while others are just totally fantastic because they combine features, eye appeal and an ease of navigation that makes it a joy to use. Well the Tyndale Chronological Life Application Study Bible is in my opinion the Cadillac of all Bibles! From the easy to use NLT version to the colorful pictures and the timeline that runs across the top of the pages, there is so much going on with this Bible that there is no way not to become enriched by God's word whenever you crack this one open. Some of the many features include, illustrated verses,section introductions,maps, notes, outlines, charts and diagrams,a christian worker's resource, the Bible book-by book, and a master index. If that isn't enough there is also a dictionary/concordance and personality profiles that made for interesting, insightful reading that provides an in depth look at many of the people of the Bible. The study notes provided really add depth and understanding to the scriptures allowing me to better understand what I am reading. Truthfully I am reading the Bible Chronologically this year and this is the Bible I am using. The sturdy Bible is hardback, and does have a presentation page making it perfect for gift giving. The print in the body of the Bible is great, but the study notes print is a tad small but manageable. Overall, one of my favorite Bibles!
A complimentary copy of this Bible was provided for review.
Debra BrinkmanYoder, COAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5I'm reading this over two years instead of oneJanuary 13, 2014Debra BrinkmanYoder, COAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5
This Bible is SO COOL.
The theme for this Bible is â€œA refreshing way to experience Godâ€™s story; a trusted way to apply it to your life.â€
I like that.
So why do I love this Bible? Let me give you a few ideas.
* Chronological format. I don't think a chronological Bible should be the only Bible on your nightstand, but I do think everyone should go through the Bible chronologically at some point. It is amazing to read something like one of David's Psalms at the same time you are reading about him hiding out from Saul. Context. Yeah, you can do that with a regular Bible too, but with the Chronological one, it is right there for you. No planning involved. It is also wonderful to get books like Chronicles and Kings to line up, instead of reading a lot of the same stories from different points of view months apart.
* NLT Translation. I don't follow all of the arguments about which Bible translations are better and why. I'm aware of some of the disagreement, but not all of it. So if you have reason to hate the NLT, this Bible is also available in KJV. I'm not smart enough to make sense of the KJV though. I typically choose ESV when I have a choice, but I am finding that I really like the NLT too. I can understand it. I think understanding the text is a very good thing in a Chronological Bible, personally. I can always pull out a regular KJV to use for Bible Memory if I want it to sound prettier.
* Extensive notes. That'd be the Life Application parts, or the archaeological evidences part, or the timelines (wow, are there ever a lot of timelines!), or the charts, or just the notes about the original Hebrew word. Lots of notes. I love the notes, and I'm finding they add so much to my reading.
* Photos and illustrations. There is lots of color in here. Not on every page by any stretch, but every few pages anyway. Some are of archaeological sites, some are of things like the trumpets mentioned in a passage. Some illustrate a key Bible verse.
* Maps. Gracious, are there ever maps. Nice ones, in color, with specific and relevant information. In the gospels, there are maps every couple of pages, so you really can see where things are taking place.
I love this Bible.
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from Tyndale House Publishers. No other compensation was received. The fact that I received a complimentary product does not guarantee a favorable review.
jessefloridaAge: 35-44Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5It's a beautiful looking bibleJanuary 9, 2014jessefloridaAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4
Everything was beautiful about this bible. It breaks everything down to time and place which helps. The engraving of the personalized name left a lot to be desired. It should have stood out more. It blended in with the cover and is very hard to see the name at all. Other then that great product.
Q: Does this Bible have red letter text?
Q: Where is this bible printed? Where is this bible printed?
Q: Will the new chronological bible be available in large print? Are Christ's words in red?
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Story, NIV: The Bible As One Continuous Story of God and His People. HardcoverZondervan / 2011 / Hardcover$5.00 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 114 Reviews
$19.99Save 75% ($14.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW950974Video