I have had this Bible for 3- 4 years. I bought it as soon as it came out. I waited several months to get it because they kept coming out with better covers. I bought it at the regular price and thot it was an average price at the time. I bought it because 1. I wanted a NKJV in paragraph format (and showing the poetry), 2. single column, 3. no red lettering, 4. soft cover, 5. onion paper (or similar), and 6. small without study notes for carrying with me. I really love it. I have used it almost exclusively since buying it. The only thing I wish is that it had a genuine leather cover. (This is why I only gave it a 4 for Quality.) Definitely would buy it again.
Good economic readers bible, although I wish they could change the color of the cover and font style.
February 2, 2015
For $ 19.99 I'd say this bible is worth the buy if your looking for a cheap readers bible but keep in mind there are some pros and cons to this bible.
1. readable text format, single column
2. Good font size easy on the eyes
3. Gold Gilded Pages
4. Ideal sized bible; not too big nor too small, just right!
1. The Color of the Cover on the bible; I'm not talking about the bonded leather I think for the price your paying its a great quality cover! I'm talking about the color of the bible that the publishers chose! It says on here that its distressed black but to be honest I don't think the picture on here does it justice, because it looks more like a grey color once you look at it in person. Really wished whoever designed the cover would of just gone with a straight black color. Like a normal black bonded leather cover.
2. The Font Style; this font style look more like Calibri, personally I don't like the font style I would of rather preferred Times New Roman font or something similar to it rather than Calibri. I think if they would of gone with a Times New Roman font style it would of greatly enhanced the reading experience even more! But then again that's just my personal taste.
If the current price of this Bible allows you to think of it as an economy Bible, you are not likely to be disappointed.
-It has a glued binding.
-The pages are not set into the binding quite straight.
-The cover is a bit stiff and does not really want to lie open.
-Pages appear to be a bit susceptible to humidity (rumple a bit making them thicker).
But we get what we paid for right!
What really makes this Bible outstanding is its formatting!!!
I would recommend it as a Bible for just sitting and reading.
-The single column format of this Bible especially sets it apart!
-It is also laid out in paragraph format--very nice!
-Chapters are summarized by bold headings,
-Songs, poetry, many quotes of God, etc are nicely inset.
-The margins, only about a half inch, are completely blank.
-Footnotes are few (but helpful); therefore, the text is not cluttered.
-The spacing between lines is relaxed.
-For my eyes that boarder on needing bifocals, the print is the perfect size. I can not tell you what the font is. But if you look at the sample pages and can adjust the size of the image until the text between the top of the page heading and the bottom of the page number is about 7 & 11/16ths inch, then you will be able to see about how large the print is.
-the words of Christ are not in red
-there are no maps
You may also be interested to know that the bonded leather copy I received smells like leather, it does not have that earthy/moldy smell for which bonded leather is sometimes notorious.
I bought 12 of these to use in the Childrens Bible Club. The simple format is great for children and young people who never open a Bible and are unchurched. What I also like is that the text is all Black. No red letter which I dislike and is scripturally wrong. Why do they do it? It is ALL the Word of God. ALL the words are important and inspired!!! I will buy them again. A hardback version would be nice.