Very nice bible. The NKJV is my favorite translation. This edition has single column text with/out ref. Which is great for those who just like to relax and read and read and read and read and read somemore, and not run ref. The cover is great, infact I have this in the genuine leather as well and like the bonded better.
This Bible is a good size to carry & hold. The font is adequate for me & probably perfect for someone else. The cover is a little flimsy but it's perfect for my use. I enjoy the story "feel" because it reads like a book.
The text of this Bible is very readable with its single column. The font is good, and when I open the Bible I like everything about the text. The cover, however, appears to be an ugly greenish color. The covers don't lay flat when the Bible is closed, but stay partially open. The Bible does not lay flat when open. I think it is a good Bible for the price, but I wish I had paid more for something a little nicer.
I have had this Bible for 3- 4 years. I bought it as soon as it came out. I waited several months to get it because they kept coming out with better covers. I bought it at the regular price and thot it was an average price at the time. I bought it because 1. I wanted a NKJV in paragraph format (and showing the poetry), 2. single column, 3. no red lettering, 4. soft cover, 5. onion paper (or similar), and 6. small without study notes for carrying with me. I really love it. I have used it almost exclusively since buying it. The only thing I wish is that it had a genuine leather cover. (This is why I only gave it a 4 for Quality.) Definitely would buy it again.
Good economic readers bible, although I wish they could change the color of the cover and font style.
February 2, 2015
For $ 19.99 I'd say this bible is worth the buy if your looking for a cheap readers bible but keep in mind there are some pros and cons to this bible.
1. readable text format, single column
2. Good font size easy on the eyes
3. Gold Gilded Pages
4. Ideal sized bible; not too big nor too small, just right!
1. The Color of the Cover on the bible; I'm not talking about the bonded leather I think for the price your paying its a great quality cover! I'm talking about the color of the bible that the publishers chose! It says on here that its distressed black but to be honest I don't think the picture on here does it justice, because it looks more like a grey color once you look at it in person. Really wished whoever designed the cover would of just gone with a straight black color. Like a normal black bonded leather cover.
2. The Font Style; this font style look more like Calibri, personally I don't like the font style I would of rather preferred Times New Roman font or something similar to it rather than Calibri. I think if they would of gone with a Times New Roman font style it would of greatly enhanced the reading experience even more! But then again that's just my personal taste.