NIV Thinline Reference Bible, Premium Leather, Ebony
Couldn't be happier
Years ago I settled on this size and format for my personal Bible, and I have both a NASB and an NIV-1984 edition that are nearly identical.
I thought this was going to be the same, but it is slightly different and I actually like this one a lot better.
1. The leather seems is higher quality, more flexible and softer, like you might find in a pair of woman's dress gloves or super soft handbag. And the front part of the cover is actually two-pieces of leather sewn together that dresses it up a bit. The older Bibles are more like a man's billfold leather, shiny and stiff.
2. They formatted the center column cross references in two groups- some at the top of the page and the rest at the bottom. This opens up a big space in the center of every page- perfect for writing notes and such. It's -awesome-!
3. They cut back on the book introductions. Now all you get is a little paragraph. GOOD! When I want all that stuff, I can look it up easily enough with better resources than they could fit into a personal Bible. It's better to leave those things out and just have the basics- cross references and concordance.
4. The edges of this Bible are silver, not gold. I like that too.
5. Best of all, it's the NIV-2011. The more I read this and notice the differences between this and 1984 version, the more I like it.
This is an awesome Bible!
March 6, 2014
Love the new leather smell. Easy to carry
Easy to carry and use. Great for travel or church. Love the new leather smell.
October 14, 2013
Nice quality for the price...
I purchased this bible for my daughter, and she loves it. It is a nice quality for the price. The same bible in bookstores cost considerably more. Should have years of use.
November 10, 2013
Great All-Around Bible
The Bible is the perfect size. The leather is softer than that of other premium leather Bibles that are much more expensive. It is my first NIV Bible. I think the NIV is now my new favorite translation.
August 30, 2013