Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Edited by award-winning authors Philip Yancey and Tim Stafford, this Bible enables you to understand what you read, find the topics you're looking for, and make real progress in your studies.
The newest feature is called the "Guided Tour," in which Philip Yancey takes the reader through the Bible, highlighting important passages that show the interconnectedness of the Biblical narrative from Genesis to Revelation. In Yancey's words, the goal of the authors and editors of this Bible is "Not to get the reader into the Bible, but to get the Bible into the reader."
The NIV Student Bible addresses the three most common complaints about the Bible:
- "I can't understand it." The NIV Student Bible makes it easy to understand what you read. In-text "Insights" and "Highlights" explain and help you think about what the Bible is saying. Profiles introduce you to "100 People You Should Know."
- "I can't find it." The "Where to Find It" reference section guides you comfortably around the Bible and supplies you with accessible definitions and important information.
- "The Bible is too big and intimidating." The "Guided Tour" offers an enriching six-month walk through the Bible, with devotional stops at significant points of interest. Or set your own pace with the two other options in the 3-track Reading Program, offering two-week or three-year reading plans.
- Book introductions and overviews summarize the content and point out important facts, themes and characters for each book of the Bible
- Updated subject guide points to the Bible's message on topics of interest
- Updated glossary of non biblical people and places
- Ministry of Jesus, Miracles of Jesus, Parables of Jesus and other useful indexes
- Timeline of Old Testament History
- "Lineup of Rulers" outlines the rulers of Israel and Judah
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Presentation Page
- Two-Column format
- Black letter edition
- Full color maps with index
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
NIV Student Bible, Compact, Italian Duo-Tone, Concrete/FatigueZondervan / 2011 / Imitation Leather$26.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$39.99Save 33% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW437161Video
NIV Student Bible, Compact, Italian Duo-Tone, Espresso/Pink FlowerZondervan / 2011 / Imitation Leather$26.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$39.99Save 33% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW437178Video
NIV Student Bible, Italian Duo-Tone, Gray/Slate BlueZondervan / 2011 / Imitation Leather$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 8 Reviews
$49.99Save 30% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW437291Video
"Whether you are reading between classes, during Bible study, or at two oclock in the morning, the NIV Student Bible will bridge the culture gap between you and Moses. The combination of scholarship and simplicity will help you overcome common obstacles to reading and understanding the Bible, allowing you to absorb, comprehend, and remember. While enjoying the best days of your life, learning about anything and everything, figuring out who you are, and making big choices, let Philip Yancey and Tim Stafford guide you through lessons for godly living and help you build a strong habit of reading your Bible. NIV ©2011. The New International Version (NIV) translation of the Bible is the worlds most popular modern-English Bibleeasy to understand, yet rich with the detail found in the original languages."
Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew. Four of his books have sold over one million copies. Yancey lives with his wife in Colorado. Website: www.philipyancey.com
Tim Stafford is Senior Writer for Christianity Today and the author of more than thirty books including The Student Bible(with Philip Yancey). His most recent publications are Miracles: A Journalist Looks at Modern-Day Experiences of God's Power, and Birmingham (a novel). Tim and his wife, Popie, have three children and live in Santa Rosa, California.
FrugalDiva35 Stars Out Of 5Perfect Gift BibleJanuary 26, 2015FrugalDiva3Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5My brother wanted a Bible for his birthday. He's not a believer. But I believe this will change as he learns from the studies he does in this Bible.
jan5 Stars Out Of 5NIV Student BiblwJanuary 8, 2015janQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I love this bible. easy to understaf NIV with excellent commentary
Newby5 Stars Out Of 5Great BibleDecember 22, 2014NewbyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Bought one each for my kids, they currently don't read it, just wanted them to have one..just in case!!
DShoeJersey City, NJAge: Over 65Gender: male3 Stars Out Of 5Bible Too Large and HeavyJuly 18, 2013DShoeJersey City, NJAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Meets Expectations: 3This is a student (teen or college) bible however, it is much to large to think a young person would carry it. It will likely be of value only to read at home.
jtcccmom5 Stars Out Of 5Just what I was looking for!April 19, 2013jtcccmomQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is exactly what I was looking for as a gift for my daughter! My only negative is that the words of Jesus are not in "red" and she had asked about getting a Bible that had that.
Other Customers Also Purchased
NIV Study Bible, Hardcover - Slightly ImperfectZondervan / 2011 / Hardcover$23.99 Retail:
$49.99Save 52% ($26.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW438922DAVideo
The Gospel of Matthew: Connecting the Old Testament with the Person & Work of Christ - eBookTyler HelfersCrossBooks / 2012 / ePub$2.83 Retail:
$3.99Save 29% ($1.16)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW32018EB