NIV and KJV Side-by-Side Bible, Large Print, Italian Duo-Tone, Navy/Tan
Our church preaches and teaches the KJV/NIV bibles and this is why I bought this bible. I enjoy being able to look at two different versions inside one Bible, thank you.
August 30, 2013
A most excellent Bible!
I am well pleased with my NIV & KJV side by side bible. The size of the print was a concern before ordering; however, the print size is great. I wish there were introductions at the beginning of each book but, the word of GOD is there and that's what matters. The craftsmanship of the book is very good.
April 3, 2013
Most of what you need, all in one Bible!
This Bible is everything I expected and then some. Being a huge fan of Dr. Charles Stanley, I really enjoy his viewpoint on this "side-by-side" Bible. The quality is great, and I enjoy the two tone colors (I am the only one in my church with it). My only concern if you will, is that Christ's words are NOT in red but understanding that the entire Bible is God's word makes the color less important. I could not be happier!
September 22, 2011
This Bible is MUCH better that I expected. I own MANY and am very familiar with Zondervan products. That being said, I can tell you how this bible is an improvement over the previous KJV/NIV Large print parallel. The previous KJV/NIV parallel used the 1873 Scrivener KJV version that I could never quite get used to as one raised reading the KJV. There are slight spelling changes that are probably not noticeable to most people. I am SO THRILLED to say the KJV in this new Side By Side version is the 1769 version used in most KJV bibles. The binding of this bible appears to be sewn, which allows it to lie flat. I compared it to the older style KJV/NIV parallel and the print seems to be a shade larger!!
I don't consider these to be negatives as Zondervan goes, however I have seen many people complain about things of this nature:
- printed in China. This is not an issue for me, however I know some will have issues.
- I do not yet see this 2011 version offered in genuine or bonded leather. There are no thumb tab editions. Mine is this odd Italian Duo Tone Blue & Brown. Considering the binding appears to be sewn...this is still A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT for Zondervan, so I just bought a bible carrying case.
- The pages are thin, so don't use wet highlighters. Take your time opening each page when you first get it because the gold gilding seems to cause the pages to stick together. The pages are thin, however brighter than my old parallel, which works better for me.
- There is no concordance for either version in the rear of the bible.
- The bible is a tad heavy, but not extremely. Not a big deal for me. This would have been worse if it included a concordance, so I understand why they stopped while they were ahead. This is just information if you are purchasing the Bible for someone who is physically weak because of age, health, etc.
Overall, I am pleasantly surprised and happy with my purchase. I have several Zondervan Bibles that left me disappointed in the past. My absolute favorite was the KJV Amplified Parallel. It has everything I wanted (sewn binding and 1796 KJV), BUT the print was too small. I tried the large print version of this same bible and lost the end of verse references that help make the Amplified version so unique. So I tried the KJV/NIV Large print (older model) parallel and was disappointed with the binding and extremely thin pages.
This new 'Side By Side' gives you a slightly larger font, better quality binding, and the 1769 more common KJV...in my opinion!
You also get a short 1 page intro from Charles Stanley & his son in honor of the 400 year celebration of the KJV. I'm not that familiar with either of these people, however it adds a warm touch. :)
May 3, 2011