NIV and KJV Side-by-Side Bible, Large Print, Italian Duo-Tone, Navy/Tan
- All Products
- Large / Giant Printhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1018567&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Biblia Textual
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- GNT-Good News Translation
- God's Word
- LBLA-Las Americas
- Living Bible
- NAB-New American Bible
- NABRE-New American Bible Revised Edition
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- TLA-Traduccion en Lenguaje Actual
- With Apocrypha
- Helps & Features
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type
- Text Color
- Text Layout
- Text Size
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
With a special introduction from beloved pastors Charles F. Stanley and Andy Stanley, this NIV and KJV Side-by-Side Bible will be a cherished Bible for years to come. Because of its unique setup, this Bible is an excellent resource for students, pastors, and Bible readers of any age.
- Large 10-point type
- Foreword from Charles F. Stanley and Andy Stanley
- Ribbon marker
- NIV 2011 Update text
The authenticity and accessibility of today’s most popular modern-English translation, the NIV, 2011 update. The NIV brings you as close as you can get to the reading experience of the original audience. In every verse it seeks to offer the optimum combination of transparency to the original text and transparency to the original meaning.King James Version
This classic translation of Scriptures has been beloved by Christians throughout the centuries for its dignity, poetic language, and timeless expression of truth.
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2272
Publication Date: 2011
|Dimensions: 9.75 X 6.75 X 2.0 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
NIV and KJV Side-by-Side Bible, Large Print, Italian Duo-Tone, Orchid/ChocolateZondervan / 2011 / Imitation Leather$49.99 Retail:2.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$74.99Save 33% ($25.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW439356Video
Bob CananNew Creek, West VirginiaAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5January 21, 2014Bob CananNew Creek, West VirginiaAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
Been wanting a great study bible. Got a new job and gifted myself with this, its been on my wish list for years. Got itâ€¦â€¦..
Leon4 Stars Out Of 5August 30, 2013LeonQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4
Our church preaches and teaches the KJV/NIV bibles and this is why I bought this bible. I enjoy being able to look at two different versions inside one Bible, thank you.
HenryBronx, NYAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5A most excellent Bible!April 3, 2013HenryBronx, NYAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4
I am well pleased with my NIV & KJV side by side bible. The size of the print was a concern before ordering; however, the print size is great. I wish there were introductions at the beginning of each book but, the word of GOD is there and that's what matters. The craftsmanship of the book is very good.
StudentAuburn, AL.Age: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Most of what you need, all in one Bible!September 22, 2011StudentAuburn, AL.Age: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
This Bible is everything I expected and then some. Being a huge fan of Dr. Charles Stanley, I really enjoy his viewpoint on this "side-by-side" Bible. The quality is great, and I enjoy the two tone colors (I am the only one in my church with it). My only concern if you will, is that Christ's words are NOT in red but understanding that the entire Bible is God's word makes the color less important. I could not be happier!
A Lover of the Word5 Stars Out Of 5Pleasantly Surprised!!!May 3, 2011A Lover of the WordQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
This Bible is MUCH better that I expected. I own MANY and am very familiar with Zondervan products. That being said, I can tell you how this bible is an improvement over the previous KJV/NIV Large print parallel. The previous KJV/NIV parallel used the 1873 Scrivener KJV version that I could never quite get used to as one raised reading the KJV. There are slight spelling changes that are probably not noticeable to most people. I am SO THRILLED to say the KJV in this new Side By Side version is the 1769 version used in most KJV bibles. The binding of this bible appears to be sewn, which allows it to lie flat. I compared it to the older style KJV/NIV parallel and the print seems to be a shade larger!!
I don't consider these to be negatives as Zondervan goes, however I have seen many people complain about things of this nature:
- printed in China. This is not an issue for me, however I know some will have issues.
- I do not yet see this 2011 version offered in genuine or bonded leather. There are no thumb tab editions. Mine is this odd Italian Duo Tone Blue & Brown. Considering the binding appears to be sewn...this is still A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT for Zondervan, so I just bought a bible carrying case.
- The pages are thin, so don't use wet highlighters. Take your time opening each page when you first get it because the gold gilding seems to cause the pages to stick together. The pages are thin, however brighter than my old parallel, which works better for me.
- There is no concordance for either version in the rear of the bible.
- The bible is a tad heavy, but not extremely. Not a big deal for me. This would have been worse if it included a concordance, so I understand why they stopped while they were ahead. This is just information if you are purchasing the Bible for someone who is physically weak because of age, health, etc.
Overall, I am pleasantly surprised and happy with my purchase. I have several Zondervan Bibles that left me disappointed in the past. My absolute favorite was the KJV Amplified Parallel. It has everything I wanted (sewn binding and 1796 KJV), BUT the print was too small. I tried the large print version of this same bible and lost the end of verse references that help make the Amplified version so unique. So I tried the KJV/NIV Large print (older model) parallel and was disappointed with the binding and extremely thin pages.
This new 'Side By Side' gives you a slightly larger font, better quality binding, and the 1769 more common KJV...in my opinion!
You also get a short 1 page intro from Charles Stanley & his son in honor of the 400 year celebration of the KJV. I'm not that familiar with either of these people, however it adds a warm touch. :)
Q: Does this Bible have Christ's words in red? and is it the old and new testament?
Other Customers Also Purchased
NIV Adventure Bible, Italian Duo-Tone, Clip Closure, Gray/BlueLawrence O. RichardsZonderKidz / 2013 / Imitation Leather$26.99 Retail:
$39.99Save 33% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW727531
KJV and Amplified Side-by-Side Bible, Bonded Leather, Black, Large PrintZondervan / 2011 / Bonded Leather$47.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 23 Reviews
$69.99Save 32% ($22.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW443353