Why purchase this particular Bible? 5 very good reasons:
1) The expanded Life Application notes, combined with Zondervan's cross-referencing system and color maps, greatly enhances and improves on the Tyndale editions.
2) The premium leather is out of this world! Soft, supple, lays nicely in the hand or flat on the desk, and smells extravagant! I have a personal size European Leather and it does not compare to the rich feel of the Renaissance Fine Leather edition. Ebony looks great and the silver gilded edges are a nice touch.
3) The NIV 1984, the "most trusted, most read" translation, will soon be out-of-print and very difficult to find anywhere. I personally don't have a problem with the gender inclusive changes of the NIV 2011; it's the slew of other changes I'm not happy with. Familiar passages like Romans 12:1, Galatians 5:22 and many others have been "updated" in a way that doesn't sit right with someone that's used the NIV for decades. Gone are most of the vocative "O"s of the Psalms and all of the "Selah"s. It's just too much for someone accustomed to the NIV, so getting my hands on this particular Bible means I can insert "brothers and sisters" for myself and keep on using the translation I've come to love and appreciate.
4) The hilariously reduced pricetag we've all come to know and love about CBD.
5) Quantities are limited and soon you will NEVER be able to purchase this product ever again! And if you do happen to find a re-seller online, I guarantee the cost won't be $55 dollars! You'll probably pay 10 times that amount.
So what we have here folks is a real treasure that, honestly, if you're even somewhat thinking about maybe getting it... GET IT before it's gone. The Lord bless you!
This bible is easy to read and understand as it is the NIV version. Footnotes are really useful, a great help to clarify scripture. Although they have skipped over a few passages to analyse!
All the way round a good product though. You have to pay a little more, but this you get back in quality. Thick leather like this should last a long time. The size of the bible is on the large spectrum of the scale. For some people it might be too big. There is a size guide in the product description. The font size in the footnotes are smaller than scripture.
Renaisssance leather 1984 NIV detailed study Bible
May 10, 2013
This a beautiful Bible for those who want a very detailed study Bible. It has the Life Application study notes which are also available for several other translations. Most of the study notes are in small print, but the Scriptures are in somewhat larger print, although not "large." (8 pt?) The words of Christ are in red. Many, many verses or groups of verses have study footnotes, and there are many additional study helps. The study features probably take up half this Bible, very good if you are looking to clarify specific passages, but a lot of reading if you are reading an entire book of the Bible and read all the study helps for it. (*see note)
For having so much content, this Bible is an excellent size, larger than a personal size, but not huge. Its dimensions are 9.5 x 6.5 x 2". The ebony Renaissance leather cover feels very luxurious, the best I've seen on a Bible, and worth the extra cost imo. (great sale price) It's very supple and flexible, and the Bible lies open nicely at any place.
Another plus is this is the 1984 NIV translation, which I much prefer over the less accurate 2011 revision, and which may become unavailable later.
This is an unusually nice NIV study Bible!
*Note: Although I'm an adult, when reading longer passages I like the "student Bible, NIV 1984", such as #WW938569--just the right amount of briefer, informative study helps for all ages, in 9 pt print. It doesn't have a premium cover.
excellent bible but pages are thin and see through
November 6, 2012
I love the Bible. the cover is soft fine leather.the commentary is great and ensightful .but the pages are to thin and you can see through them from the other side the words come through the other side.overall though its great.