- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 304
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 1976
|Dimensions: 7.5 X 5.0 X .75 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Greek is one of the richest of all languages, with an unrivaled power to express different shades of meaning. In this book, William Barclay examines many of the key words of the Greek New Testament, explaining what these words meant to the writers of the New Testament and to those who read an heard their message for the first time.
The William Barclay Library is a collection of books addressing the great issues of the Christian faith. As one of the world's most widely read interpreters of the Bible and its meaning, William Barclay devoted his life to helping people become more faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
Jackie B Cooper5 Stars Out Of 5February 10, 2010Jackie B CooperThis is a scholarly yet practical work on basic Greek words of the New Testament. It is a trememdous help in sermon preparation and in preparing Sunday School lessons. I highly recommend this book for the experienced Pastor as well as for the beginner.
Richard Cravy5 Stars Out Of 5September 13, 2009Richard CravyI have been an regular user Barclay's New Testament Words since over 30 years. Written for the pastor and teacher, not the Greek scholar, it cuts to the heart of the meanings of the words he presents. I have found little in the more scholarly works to contradict his clear, concise and practical exegesis. Highly recommended.
Joseph Jenkins1 Stars Out Of 5November 10, 2005Joseph JenkinsI would like the volumes that were published during the 1950's
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Original Languages >> Greek >> Greek Texts >> Septuagint
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Original Languages >> Greek >> Greek Word Study & Tools
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Word Studies
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Original Languages >> Greek >> Greek Texts
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Original Languages >> Greek >> Greek Word Study & Tools
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Word Studies
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search