- All Products
- Biblical Studies× (1,450)
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Arranged in biblical order, this valuable Bible study companion takes you from the earliest recorded civilizations in history through the end of the first Christian century, helping you to put the Bible into its cultural context. For each of the twenty times and places in biblical history, you'll discover how everyday life was affected by geography, government, warfare, housing, diet, dress, family, religion, work, travel, commerce, and so many other things. Rather than blurring all the lands and cultures of the Bible into a single, inaccurate "Bible time," this volume distinguishes the way life differed from period to period and place to place.
- presented in easy-to-grasp language written for the layperson rather than the scholar
- thoroughly illustrated and hundreds of black and white photographs
- sidebars provide even more interesting detail about aspects of ancient cultures that illuminate the Bible
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 1999
Availability: In Stock
The most comprehensive, up-to-date, accurate information on life in Bible times available in one volume for the general reader.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> Series
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- eBooks >> Bible Reference >> General >> Manners & Customs
- eBooks >> Bible Reference >> Series >> Nelson's Reference Library
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Start A New Search