- All Products
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- Living Bible
- NCV-New Century Version
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- TLA-Traduccion en Lenguaje Actual
- With Apocrypha
- NLV-New Life Version
- Helps & Features
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Silver Gilding
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type
- Text Color
- Text Layout
- Text Size
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
ChristianBook eBooks on the Sony Reader
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your Sony device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Without using ADE, the Sony Reader will attempt to open eBooks with its own software, the Reader Library, and you may receive an error message.
To bypass the Sony Reader Library, return to the eBook portion of 'My Account' on our site, and click to download the eBook again.
When the Adobe Digital Editions installer comes up, click on 'Download Item.'
If you are downloading a DRM Protected eBook, you will be prompted to open or save the URLLINK.acsm. Click 'Save'.
Save the file to your Desktop for quick access later.
Right-click on the URLLINK file, then select 'Open With' and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
If Adobe Digital Editions is not in the list, click 'Choose Default Program' and then select Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
Your eBook will open and display in ADE.
Plug in your Sony Reader, which will now display its model number and not just as Sony Reader.
Now just click, drag and drop your eBook onto the Sony Reader icon.
You can now eject your Sony Reader, open up the Books library and your eBook is ready to read.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
- Discover the Hebrew names of God within the biblical text
- Understand the meaning and significance of each name
- Encounter God in a new way through prayers, promises, and devotional readings
- More than 10,000 names and titles of God restored to their Hebrew equivalent and printed in brown ink to stand out within the biblical text
- Names of God Reading Paths lead you to the next reference of the name so you can pray the names of God throughout Scripture
- Name Pages feature
- Background information associated with 68 names and titles of God
- Key Scripture passages in which the meaning is revealed
- Devotional readings on each of the featured names
- Specific Bible promises connected to each of the featured names
- Introductions to each book of the Bible highlight the main themes and list the names and titles that appear in that book
- 300 callouts highlight key Scripture for memorization and reflection
- Calling God by Name sidebars shed light on the relationship between biblical people and the specific names they called God
- topical prayer guide, pronunciation guide, name index, and Bible reading plans to assist in study
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Discover the Hebrew names of God within the biblical text
Understand the meaning and significance of each name
Encounter God in a new way through prayers, promises, and devotional readings
Perfect for personal study, prayer, and reflection, The Names of God Bible includes these special features
more than 10,000 names and titles of God restored to their Hebrew equivalent and printed in brown ink to stand out within the biblical text
Names of God Reading Paths lead readers to the next reference of the name so they can pray the names of God throughout Scripture
Name Pages feature
- background information associated with 68 names and titles of God
- key Scripture passages in which the meaning is revealed
- devotional readings on each of the featured names
- specific Bible promises connected to each of the featured names
introductions to each book of the Bible highlight the main themes and list the names and titles that appear in that book
300 callouts highlight key Scripture for memorization and reflection
Calling God by Name sidebars shed light on the relationship between biblical people and the specific names they called God
topical prayer guide, pronunciation guide, name index, and Bible reading plans to assist in study
Anyone who desires a deeper understanding of God and new insights into the Bible will cherish The Names of God Bible as it opens a door into the Hebrew roots of the faith and the Scriptures.
Sue S.Chicago, ILAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Knowing names of God-valuable; Duravella is lovelyJuly 16, 2014Sue S.Chicago, ILAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
I have this edition of this Bible: Names of God Bible Duravella Cover (GW) Mahogany [dark brown], Hebrew Name Design 2011. ISBN-13: 978-0800720667 (Had to really look hard for the ISBN--not on the publication page, but stamped on the back.)
I am not going to comment on the translation or organizational features of this book because other reviews have gone into that.* (see below)
This is probably the most beautiful-looking Bible I own. It's just a pleasure to behold. (a newer edition is available in the fall of 2014). The Duravella is the most authentic-looking imitation leather there is. It is smooth to the touch like high quality leather shoes. Some of the flexi-soft, leather touch, etc. are very nice (I have Bibles with those covers) but often the thread does not match the cover, and most are not as smooth. The names of God in Hebrew on the cover are really nice. The pages are kind of off-white a bit and faintly browned on the edges as if it is an old manuscript. The Bible lays flat. The gold edges are nice and shiny. Because it is so lovely I am enticed to pick it up and read.
One good feature this Bible has (Most of the God's Word Bibles are like this) is that there is only one column, making it feel that you are just reading a regular book. (In fact, it was a God's Word (GW) translation that really introduced me to the Bible; I got hooked. I since have gotten many other translations, but the one-column layout is most comfortable, not intimidating. (I STRONGLY SUGGEST A GOD'S WORD SINGLE COLUMN BIBLE, OR PERHAPS CEB SINGLE COLUMN Bible for people just starting to read the Bible. If it's an ordinary paperback it's easy to read it anywhere--on the bus or train--because it's like an ordinary book.)
*I will say that NO translation of the Bible is perfect. Gordon Fee in the book co-authored with Eldon Epp, "Studies in the Theory and Method of New Testament Textual Criticism" states that if you are doing exegesis, and don't read the Greek texts, then you should compare seven different translations.
AlfonsoBronx, New YorkAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5This Bible is an excellent translation.January 10, 2014AlfonsoBronx, New YorkAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
I love this Bible, it fulfills its purpose, to acquaint the reader with the Names of God in Hebrew. The only thing is that the fonts size is a bit small for me( I'm into my old age)and have a bit of difficulty checking the verses numbers, other than that its excellent!!!!
TrueBelieverHarrisburg, PAAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5For every serious bible student!January 8, 2014TrueBelieverHarrisburg, PAAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
I love , love this bible! it exceeded my expectations.I love the pronounciation key in the Bible to help me pronounce the Hebrew Names correctly. I love the information that is provided in each chapter to help me better understand the various titles and customs during that period. I would highly recommend this Bible to anyone who is interested in developing a deeper knowledge of the Word of God.
SugarbearChestertown, MDAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5November 8, 2013SugarbearChestertown, MDAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
I like the Different names for God based on Hebrew writings and the explanations for each name.
Nancy EChula VistaAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A full coverage of the names of God in one placeSeptember 17, 2013Nancy EChula VistaAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
When I started reading this bible, I didn't realize all the different names of God that there were. This book opened up a door for more understanding in more ways than one. Truly a book to have in your Christian library.-