- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: PDF Download|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Movie Discussion Guide Bible Study
It is hard to imagine anything worse than cancer in the body
of a child we love. My Sister s Keeper asks us to imagine exactly that, depicting in shattering detail one girl s battle with leukemia and its ravages not only on her body but also on the family members who love her.
This study will help you explore some of the themes introduced in the movie, including the conflicted ideas we tend to have about suffering and death. Examining these darker questions in the light of Scripture will benefit anyone grappling with the fragility and mystery of human life.
Discussing the Scenes
--Attitudes Toward Death
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
--Responses to Suffering
(Job 16:1-5, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)
(John 15:12-13, Psalm 139:23)
As the Credits Roll
My Sister's Keeper (New Line Cinema, 2009), rated PG-13.
Photo © Copyright New Line Cinema
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search