- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Chris Rice grew up in very different circumstances, of "Vermont Yankee stock," attending an elite Eastern college and looking forward to a career in law and government. But his plans were changed.
Spencer and Chris became not only friends, but yokefellows---partners for more than a decade in the difficult ministry of racial reconciliation. From their own hard-won experience, they show that there is hope for our frightening race problem, that whites and African-Americans can live together in peace.
This revised and expanded edition includes a new introduction, a new afterword, a new study guide, updated resources and a new chapter by Spencer, "Playing the Grace Card." In compellingly practical detail, Chris and Spencer present their hope, which is boldly and radically Christian. "The cause of racial reconciliation needs yokefellows," they argue, "... not solely for the sake of racial harmony---even though it will lead to that---but for the witness of the gospel."
Vendor: InterVarsity Press
Publication Date: 2000
Dimensions: 5 1/2 X 8 1/4 X 3/4 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Reconciliation Blues: A Black Evangelical's Inside View of White ChristianityEdward GilbreathInter-Varsity Press / 2006 / Hardcover$4.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$20.00Save 75% ($15.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW833676
Find Related Products
- Books >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Last Chance Bargains >> Biography
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books
- Last Chance Bargains >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Church & Pastoral
- Start A New Search