- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Henry Clay and the Struggle for the Union explores the turbulent forty years leading up to the Civil War. This program examines the impact of slavery on the expansion of the Nation westward and how conflict between North and South, free states and slave states, was, in the end, irrepressible. Illustrated with stunning period photographs and art, footage of the Old Senate Chamber in the Nation's Capitol, and dramatic scenes of Clay and his senate colleagues played by skilled professional actors, Henry Clay and the Struggle for the Unionbrings the history of the years before the Civil War alive on the screen. Students will learn:
- What event triggered the need for compromise in 1819?
- What other event in 1820 saved the nation from splitting apart?
- What was the final compromise of 1820?
- After a compromise was reached admitting Missouri and Maine as States, what caused a second crisis over Missouri's admission to the Union?
- What act of Henry Clay's nearly ruined his political career?
- What events triggered the need for compromise in 1833?
- What kept South Carolina from seceding and plunging the Nation into civil war?"
Grades 8-12. 20 minutes on DVD.
Vendor: TMW Media Group
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Henry Clay and the Struggle for the Union
The Compromise of 1850 to the Civil War DVDTMW Media Group / DVD$23.09 Retail:
$34.99Save 34% ($11.90)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW120268
The Formation of the Union and its Early Challenges DVDTMW Media Group / DVD$23.99 Retail:
$34.99Save 31% ($11.00)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 05/23/15.CBD Stock No: WW120047
America's Documents of Freedom 1818-1830 DVDCerebellum Corporation / DVD$11.99 Retail:
$14.98Save 20% ($2.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW103695
The House: The History of the House of RepresentativesRobert ReminiHarperCollins / 2007 / Hardcover$17.96 Retail:
$19.95Save 10% ($1.99)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW341113