- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: In Stock
Series: Christian Guides to the Classics
Weve all heard about the classics and assume theyre great. Some of us have even read them on our own. But for those of us who remain a bit intimidated or simply want to get more out of our reading, Crossways Christian Guides to the Classics are here to help.
In these short guidebooks, popular professor, author, and literary expert Leland Ryken takes you through some of the greatest literature in history while answering your questions along the way.
- Includes an introduction to the author and work
- Explains the cultural context
- Incorporates published criticism
- Contains discussion questions at the end of each unit of the text
- Defines key literary terms
- Lists resources for further study
- Evaluates the classic text from a Christian worldview
This particular guide opens up the paramount epic in the English language, Miltons Paradise Lost, and showcases Miltons understanding of crime and punishment in the events of creation, paradisal perfection, the fall, and redemption.
darianGreeley, COAge: 45-54Gender: male3 Stars Out Of 5Christian Cliff's NotesFebruary 5, 2013darianGreeley, COAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 3Value: 2Meets Expectations: 3After reading MIlton's Paradise Lost, I thought "Man I wish I had had something like this when I was a English Literature student." This guide is a Christian Cliff Notes. It does everything Cliff Notes do from a Christian perspective. It is a shame that a "Christian version" is needed but the reality is that one is. It is no secret that the secularization of our culture has led modern academia to cut out many of the obvious Christian themes from past literature.
You will not find a better guide that covers Milton's Paradise Lost than this one. It reviews and covers ALL of the epic poem. This is a Christian student's goldmine.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Who Do You Think You Are?: Finding Your True Identity in Christ - eBookMark DriscollThomas Nelson / 2013 / ePub$12.994 Stars Out Of 5 1 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW30536EB
Kingdom through Covenant: A Biblical-Theological Understanding of the Covenants - eBookPeter J. Gentry, Stephen J. WellumCrossway Books / 2012 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 50% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW37898EB
Find Related Products
- Download >> Fiction
- Download >> Homeschool
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Fiction >> Literature
- Fiction >> Poetry >> Epic
- Homeschool >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Guides
- Homeschool >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Poetry
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Poetry
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Start A New Search