- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
John Wesley distinguished between essential doctrines on which agreement or consensus is critical and opinions about theology or church practices on which disagreement must be allowed. Though today few people join churches based on doctrinal commitments, once a person has joined a church it becomes important to know the historic teachings of that church's tradition.
In Methodist Doctrine: The Essentials, Ted Campbell outlines historical doctrinal consensus in American Episcopal Methodist Churches in a comparative and ecumenical dialogue with the doctrinal inheritance of other major families of Christian tradition. In this way, the book shows both what Methodist churches historically teach in common with ecumenical Christianity and what is distinctive about the Methodist tradition in its various contemporary forms. Documents examined include The Twenty-Five Articles of Religion, The General Rules, Wesley's Standard Sermons and Explanatory Notes upon the New Testament, The Methodist Social Creed, and the Apostles' Creed.
Q: Methodist Doctrine: The Essentials by Ted A. Campbell I am looking for the version of this book that was published in 1999 (not a more recent revised edition). Is this e-book from the original 1999 edition? (The ISBN I have for the original edition is 0-6870-3475-2.)Thank you for your help!
This eBook is the original edition with an ISBN of 0-687-03475-2 and a copyright date of 1999.
Find Related Products
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> American Religious History
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- eBooks >> Church History >> American Religious History
- eBooks >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- eBooks >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Methodism
- eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Start A New Search