- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Mike Yaconelli is the author of bestselling books Dangerous Wonder and Messy Spirituality. He was the senior editor for the Wittenburg Door (1971-1996), a satirical religious magazine noted for its irreverent humor, in-depth interviews, and commitment to reforming the evangelical church. He was the cofounder of Youth Specialties, an international organization devoted to equipping youth workers through training and resources. Mike was a prophetic voice in the church-at-large and was a devoted husband and father until his death in 2003.
jmckduckCalifornia5 Stars Out Of 5December 17, 2010jmckduckCaliforniaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is the first book our life (small) group couldn't just read a chapter at a time. I would recommend it.
Pamela Van Camp4 Stars Out Of 5January 1, 2010Pamela Van CampMessy Spirituality describes how you don't have to have a perfect life to be a Christian, and how God loves flawed people. I purchased it to use for a spiritual group at a Mental Health Drop-In Center. I was afraid that the book might not work for a group, but it even has questions in the back for discussion!
Tony Glisson5 Stars Out Of 5December 3, 2009Tony GlissonI'm a christian.....But I'm not very good at it. How wonderful and revealing it is to know you don't have to act a certain way, or do a certain thing a certain way, or to say or do it a certain number of times as it relates to GOD. This bood will turn a persons world upside down or right side up depending on how you look it. Either way, it is truly a blessing to anyone who reads it. Mr. Yaconelli has found a way for people to experience grace first hand instead of just knowing about it. I thought the chains were removed when I was reborn only to learn that they had been replaced with new ones as it related to my closeness with God. Messy Spirituality removes all of these chains in a very beautiful and gentles way. After reading this, I cannot fathom anyone or anything taking away what God bestowed on me with this book.
Donald Lehrian5 Stars Out Of 5November 20, 2009Donald LehrianIt's amazing how many Born Again, Spirit Filled, God Fearing(love and respect) Christians I have shared the message of this book with and the conversation becomes: Hey, that's me too and when I realize that I've slipped in "my" God relationship, I've been dissapointed in me and wondered how this could happen. This book helps me remember that only God is perfect and I am NOT even though God is working His perfection in me.
Ann AskewAge: Over 654 Stars Out Of 5June 3, 2009Ann AskewAge: Over 65This is an excellent read for those of us who need reassurance that we are not alone in wanting to know the God who meets us in all conditions, loves us unconditionally and doesn't want perfectionism.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Spitfire Sweetheart: A Four Weddings and A Kiss Novella - eBookMary ConnealyThomas Nelson / 2014 / ePub$1.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW51638EB
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Start A New Search