- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Ten expert scholars here address questions surrounding the concept of "messiah" and clarify what it means to call Jesus "messiah." The book comprises two main parts, first treating those writers who preceded or surrounded the New Testament (two essays on the Old Testament and two on extrabiblical literature) and then discussing the writers of the New Testament. Concluding the volume is a critical response by Craig Evans to both sections.
This volume will be helpful to pastors and laypersons wanting to explore the nature and identity of the Messiah in the Old and New Testament in order to better understand Jesus as Messiah.
- Mark J. Boda
- S. A. Cummins
- Craig A. Evans
- Tremper Longman III
- I. Howard Marshall
- Stanley E. Porter
- Loren T. Stuckenbruck
- Tom Thatcher
- Cynthia Long Westfall
- Al Wolters
Stanley E. Porter is president, dean, and professor of New Testament at McMaster Divinity College, Hamilton, Ontario. He is the author of several books on the New Testament, including Paul in Acts and The Criteria for Authenticity in Historical-Jesus Research and the editor of more than forty other books.
Number of Pages: 228
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2007
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: McMaster New Testament Studies
Hearing the Old Testament in the New TestamentWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2006 / Trade Paperback$19.99 Retail:
$30.00Save 33% ($10.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW28469
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> NT Use of OT
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Christ in the OT
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Christology
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> NT Use of OT
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Christ in the OT
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Christology
- Start A New Search