- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishing
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Some Christians denounce nearly every move that Hollywood produces; others celebrate even the most morally and artistically questionable. While most Christians can agree on the cultural importance of films, very few are able to interpret movies with insight and understanding. Apologetics professor and film lover Doug Beaumont wants moviegoers to become more informed viewers, by better grasping the cinematic techniques and genre considerations that filmmakers use to communicate their central themes. He also wades into hot-button issues of nudity, violence, and language in movies, helping Christians to more carefully evaluate celluloid depictions of sin.
Packed with quote and excerpts from many of Hollywood's most successful films-and from some of the indie favorites that have gained cult followings-The Message Behind the Movie is a fun and enlightening look at the art from that defines our age.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture >> Film
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Media
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search