- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Men—redeem your God-given passions, drives, and purposes so you can live out your faith. Manual speaks to you honestly and straightforwardly about your role as a Christian in the face of a culture that actively works against God’s will and God’s way.
- 100 “Myth” articles—A common, accepted myth from the world is followed by the first-person story of a man who struggled with the lie and how it affected his life. The article concludes with principles from God’s Word that debunk the myth.
- 50 factoid profiles about select men of the Bible—Must know, interesting facts about men of the Bible, written in a creative, edgy style. Each profile highlights how God used this man despite his failings.
- 200 “Downshift” notes—Penetrating questions for personal reflection or small-group study. The questions are tied to Scripture and send the reader to the index for information on each topic.
- 200 “Knowing God” call-outs—A short note that highlights an attribute of God as shown or taught in Scripture and teaches that knowing the character of God can help men redeem the way they live.
- 300 “At Issue” notes—Short teaching notes on life topics such as money, sex, or pride, that are linked topically.
- Book introductions—Magazine-style book introductions that hook the reader with headlines and entice him to read the book.
- Topical index—A clear, complete, thorough topical index that unifies all the features and makes this Bible very accessible.
- Back matter articles—Practical articles help men further their study.
- A unique, two-color interior design sets this Bible apart.
- Single-column Bible text for ease of reading.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Single Column
Manual: The Bible for Men helps you to see yourself as God sees you and motivates you to redeem your God-given passions, drives, and purposes so you can live out your faith. Myth articles refute societys myths with the truth of Gods Word; Factoid Profiles reveal must-know, interesting facts about selected men of the Bible whom God used despite their failings; Downshift notes ask penetrating questions to reflect on, either alone or with a friend or mentor; Knowing God callouts highlight the attributes of God as shown in Scripture and what they reveal about your identity as a man; At Issues notes discuss important life topics such as money, sex, and pride; and book introductions, a topical index, and articles on relevant topics make this Bible a helpful tool for you or any man. NIV ©2011. The New International Version (NIV) translation of the Bible is the worlds most popular modern-English Bibleeasy to understand, yet rich with the detail found in the original languages.
D3n3rNew ZealandAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5August 19, 2013D3n3rNew ZealandAge: 25-34Gender: maleI recently purchased it so I'm in the beginning of journey, but I can say that I'm satisfied with all the notes it has. For men, a must have bible.
Deborah Compton5 Stars Out Of 5This bible has a lot of great features.June 30, 2013Deborah ComptonQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I gave this bible to my husband for Father's Day. One of the features we both like is the historical date reference/date line. The downshift and at-issue, posing questions, then pointing to scripture for help; and exposing the truth through the myths feature is so needful and such a blessing. So much to explore and learn. He's enjoying it and so am I. Thanks.
ChurchladyFair Lawn, NJAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5The TruthApril 26, 2013ChurchladyFair Lawn, NJAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This was purchased as a gift from the church to a new believer who joined the church membership. He said he was enjoying it very much. Personally, I think it was a proper gift for this occassion.
SharaWinnipeg,mbAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Looks great!March 15, 2013SharaWinnipeg,mbAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Bought for my husband for valentines day. We both love the layout and the overall feel of the bible. The headlines for each book is a great way to draw someone in. It's just an over great bible :)
Brinca Jo HunterMedina, OHAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5GiftJuly 11, 2012Brinca Jo HunterMedina, OHAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Just what was needed for a gift for a dear friend.
Other Customers Also Purchased
God's Armor Bearer Volume 1: Serving God's Leaders - eBookTerry NanceDestiny Image / 2012 / ePub$5.21 Retail:
$6.99Save 25% ($1.78)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW27575EB
Manual: The NIV Bible for Men Italian Duo-Tone, Chocolate/Dark Caramel 1984Zondervan / 2009 / Imitation Leather$39.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 20 Reviews
$59.99Save 33% ($20.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW941020