- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- LBLA-Las Americas
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Men—redeem your God-given passions, drives, and purposes so you can live out your faith. Manual speaks to you honestly and straightforwardly about your role as a Christian in the face of a culture that actively works against God’s will and God’s way.
- 100 “Myth” articles—A common, accepted myth from the world is followed by the first-person story of a man who struggled with the lie and how it affected his life. The article concludes with principles from God’s Word that debunk the myth.
- 50 factoid profiles about select men of the Bible—Must know, interesting facts about men of the Bible, written in a creative, edgy style. Each profile highlights how God used this man despite his failings.
- 200 “Downshift” notes—Penetrating questions for personal reflection or small-group study. The questions are tied to Scripture and send the reader to the index for information on each topic.
- 200 “Knowing God” call-outs—A short note that highlights an attribute of God as shown or taught in Scripture and teaches that knowing the character of God can help men redeem the way they live.
- 300 “At Issue” notes—Short teaching notes on life topics such as money, sex, or pride, that are linked topically.
- Book introductions—Magazine-style book introductions that hook the reader with headlines and entice him to read the book.
- Topical index—A clear, complete, thorough topical index that unifies all the features and makes this Bible very accessible.
- Back matter articles—Practical articles help men further their study.
- A unique, two-color interior design sets this Bible apart.
- Single-column Bible text for ease of reading.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Single Column
Manual: The Bible for Men helps you to see yourself as God sees you and motivates you to redeem your God-given passions, drives, and purposes so you can live out your faith. Myth articles refute societys myths with the truth of Gods Word; Factoid Profiles reveal must-know, interesting facts about selected men of the Bible whom God used despite their failings; Downshift notes ask penetrating questions to reflect on, either alone or with a friend or mentor; Knowing God callouts highlight the attributes of God as shown in Scripture and what they reveal about your identity as a man; At Issues notes discuss important life topics such as money, sex, and pride; and book introductions, a topical index, and articles on relevant topics make this Bible a helpful tool for you or any man. NIV ©2011. The New International Version (NIV) translation of the Bible is the worlds most popular modern-English Bibleeasy to understand, yet rich with the detail found in the original languages.
slowwitAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5The Best Men's Bible available!January 26, 2015slowwitAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I love this bible. The single column format is something I wish other bibles would use, and the unique rectangle shape fits and feels great in your hand. The devotional materials are valuable wherever you are in your journey with Christ.
Rox5 Stars Out Of 5Beautiful bibleNovember 14, 2014RoxThis is a great bible for men.. Presentation is interesting and will engage the modern man. Chapter introductions appear as Magazine covers.. Plenty to keep interest...
A great blessing to give to any man that you are led to share the gospel.
D3n3rNew ZealandAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5August 19, 2013D3n3rNew ZealandAge: 25-34Gender: maleI recently purchased it so I'm in the beginning of journey, but I can say that I'm satisfied with all the notes it has. For men, a must have bible.
ThankfulAge: 55-65Gender: Female5 Stars Out Of 5This bible has a lot of great features.June 30, 2013ThankfulAge: 55-65Gender: FemaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I gave this bible to my husband for Father's Day. One of the features we both like is the historical date reference/date line. The downshift and at-issue, posing questions, then pointing to scripture for help; and exposing the truth through the myths feature is so needful and such a blessing. So much to explore and learn. He's enjoying it and so am I. Thanks.
ChurchladyFair Lawn, NJAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5The TruthApril 26, 2013ChurchladyFair Lawn, NJAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This was purchased as a gift from the church to a new believer who joined the church membership. He said he was enjoying it very much. Personally, I think it was a proper gift for this occassion.