- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Chronicles
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 John
- 1 Kings
- 1 Peter
- 1 Thessalonians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Chronicles
- 2 Corinthians
- 2 John
- 2 Kings
- 2 Peter
- 2 Samuel
- 2 Thessalonians
- 2 Timothy
- 3 John
- Entire Bible
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Song of Solomon
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2002
Availability: In Stock
In his book Wild at Heart, author John Eldredge thrust a generation of men, young and old, toward a journey to recover true masculinityâ·the soul of a man as God designed him.
If you've already begun the journey, you know how thrillingâ·and hardâ·it can be. So you may have longed for a tool to maximize the impact, a guide to show the way. Packed with new information and insights, the Wild at Heart Field Manual guides you along "the road less traveled." Filled with probing questions, creative exercises, and space to record personal field notes, this companion volume is designed to transition you from reading about the wild heart to living from it.
For too long, the call of Christianity to men has evoked no higher goal, ultimately, than becoming a "nice guy." No wonder many men are bored to tears with church. The hero instinct has been trained out of them. But Eldredge invites men to come alive again, to find their great battle, adventure, and beauty.
If you dare . . . keep reading. Your life will never be the same.
Tom TrostFloridaAge: Over 65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Great bookJanuary 24, 2012Tom TrostFloridaAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3Great book, but was hoping it would follow the Boot Camp videos, but is closer to the book, Wild at Heart. But is worth the money.
Michael Eagle2 Stars Out Of 5May 30, 2009Michael EagleGood companion to the book if you have a lot of time. I was hoping for something with more questions for a man's study group who are reading the book at the same time but it is almost a book itself. I think I could have skipped the cost and just came up with my own questions. I think reading the book is enough. This is kind of over the top... but again lots of detail at his thought process.
Chris B1 Stars Out Of 5March 27, 2009Chris BThere is so many things wrong with this study on so many levels, I hardly know where to start. Wild at Heart is mainly focused on self and self-centered ideas. John Eldredge lives vicariously in a rampant manor through pop-culture movies which he relies on much more than scripture. I believe Eldredge quotes scripture in an irresponsible way by taking scripture out of context and many times only quoting portions of scripture which puts the text out of context. Eldredge seems to be the king of eisegesis. Bible out of context,self-focused,me-me-me;certainly not a God centered focus. Chap 2:stand naked in front of the mirror and stare at yourself for 10 min. Horrible,horrible,horrible. I have pages and pages I typed on chapter one alone demonstrating how unscriptural it is. In my opinion, Wild at Heart should NOT sell one copy (to believers anyway). I would STRONGLY recommend against this study. Unless you have extremely strong discernment skills, stay away from this unbiblical study.
Jeff Holmes4 Stars Out Of 5January 26, 2009Jeff HolmesOur church mens group is using the field manual along witht he Wild at Heart book. It is very in depth and can be used as a personal journal for each man.
Jeff Bauer5 Stars Out Of 5November 14, 2006Jeff BauerReally an unbelievable writing, I can say honestly that I am not one to pick up a book and read it through and have it captivate me the way this did. It has helped me as a husband and father of 3 boys, and I encouraged my wife of 7 years to read it also! We are now embarking on Captivating another of his writings. I would recomend this to all men, fathers, husbands to be, or currently already blessed to be wed as a sort of manual to engaging in scripture the way a man is made to do it...good work !!
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Curriculum Kits
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search