- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Series: Bantam Classics
At the center of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park is Fanny Price, the classic "poor cousin" who has been brought to live with the rich Sir Thomas Bertram and his wife as an act of charity. Over time, Fanny comes to demonstrate forcibly those virtues Austen most admired: modesty, firm principles, and a loving heart. As Fanny watches her cousins Maria and Julia cast aside their scruples in dangerous flirtations (and worse), and as she herself resolutely resists the advantages of marriage to the fascinating but morally unsteady Henry Crawford, her seeming austerity grows in appeal and makes clear why she was Austens own favorite among her heroines.
Mansfield Park encompasses not only Austens great comedic gifts and her genius as a historian of the human animal, but her personal credo as wellher faith in a social order that combats chaos through civil grace, decency, and wit. With an introduction by Peter Conrad.
(Book Jacket Status: Jacketed)
From the Hardcover edition.
Find Related Products
- Download >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Fiction >> Classic Fiction >> British
- Fiction >> Literature >> British
- Homeschool >> Language Arts >> Literature >> British
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Start A New Search