- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Single Living Bible Study
Singles know and embrace the biblical truth found in Genesis 2:18: The LORD God said, It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. And yet, we also know that some are destined to remain eunuchs for the kingdom s sake (Matthew 19:12). Right now, though, most of us are living somewhere in between. We are alone, but we don t necessarily feel the call to remain single. If the truth were told, most of us don t really desire to remain single which is a good indicator that we shouldn t.
But what are we supposed to do with our desire for marriage until we do meet the right person? The years roll by as we watch our friends get married sometimes more than once and while we are genuinely happy for them, we can t ignore the ache in our hearts that yearn for a spouse. Are we supposed to suppress that desire? Should it fuel our efforts to find a spouse? What about living sacrificially?
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Genesis 2:18 24; 22:1 12; 24; Romans 12:1 2
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: Recognize that desire for marriage is God-ordained.
--Teaching point two: Use your desire for marriage to be on heightened alert.
--Teaching point three: Be willing to offer your desire for marriage as a sacrifice to God.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIAN SINGLES TODAY
The Agony and the Ecstasy, by Camerin Courtney ( 2003 )
This study is 9 printed pages.
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Relationships
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search