- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 216
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2000
|Dimensions: 9.02 X 6.03 X 0.67 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
How is it that we come to know ourselves as Christians? What were the elements of John Wesley s work that contributed to spiritual formation for a Christian life, and how did these elements interrelate? Focusing on matters of formation and transformation in faith, Sondra Matthaei answers such questions in light of early Methodist practices of formation. Through research and dialogue with Wesleyan scholarship and constructive proposals related to the life of the church, this insightful study encourages faithful and imaginative approaches to spiritual formation in churches today.
The focus of this book is on matters of formation and transformation in faith. The book answers the question "How do we come to know ourselves as Christian?" and analyzes this question in light of early Methodist practices of formation and an ecology of education within the Methodist movement. The reader will come to understand John Wesley's idea of character formation and moral transformation. The reader will understand how Christian and vocation are shaped through spiritual formation and will understand the role of structures and relationships (family, school, church, etc.) in spiritual formation.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Worshiping with United Methodists, Revised Edition: A Guide for Pastors and Church LeadersHoyt L. HickmanAbingdon Press / 2007 / Other, N/A$11.99 Retail:
$17.99Save 33% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW335264
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Wesleyan Theology
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Wesleyan Theology
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Supplies
- Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School
- Church Supplies >> Sunday School Supplies
- Sunday School
- Start A New Search