- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 64
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: Available to ship on or about 10/11/14.
Email me when this product is available.
The Blessing of Africa: The Bible and African ChristianityKeith Augustus BurtonInter-Varsity Press / 2007 / Trade Paperback$14.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$22.00Save 32% ($7.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW827626
Makin' Room in the Inn is a four-lesson Advent study that celebrates Christmas traditions and practice through the perspective of an African American family.
Session titles, scriptures
1. Makin' Room (Luke 2:4-7) cultivating and living out hospitality in a diverse world
2. Makin' Do (Luke 2:21-24) trusting God as compared to trusting in wealth
3. Makin' Up (Matthew 2:19-21) learning the importance of forgiveness and reconnection
4. Makin' Time (Luke 2:15-19) understanding that the most precious gift is presence
This Advent study celebrates the Christmas traditions and spirituality of black people in America, showing how African ethics and theology have a continuing influence. The study, however, relates to any group who has experienced rural to urban displacement, homecoming, and who strive to practice extended hospitality, especially during the Christmas season.
This book includes a leader guide with:
1. An authors introduction that sets the targeted issue in context.
2. Questions for the group that help stimulate discussion and their memories of family traditions and experiences of Christmas seasons.
3. A bibliography of helpful books on African American History, family and Christmas traditions.
4. More biblical and historical background information on African American Christmas celebrations, nativity art, etc.
5. Suggested format and time segments for group discussions.
6. Helpful teaching and learning techniques.
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Start A New Search