A crowning achievement from one of America's leading Bible teachers! Bringing the same expositional skill and down-to-earth style to this one-volume commentary as he has to his best-selling multivolume New Testament set, John MacArthur offers a non-technical passage-by-passage examination of the whole Bible.
- A general introduction to each major division of the Bible
- A short introduction covering author, date, time, and setting for each book of the Bible
- Each introduction also includes discussion of God's character, how Christ is seen, key doctrines, key words, key people, and key Scripture passages that represent the "theme core" of each book of the Bible
- A harmony of the historical books of 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, and 1 and 2 Chronicles
- A harmony of the Gospels
- Articles providing an overview of theology, the ministry of Jesus, the ministry of the apostles, and the progress of revelation
- Cross-references to The MacArthur Bible Handbook as an alternate source for more in-depth treatment
The MacArthur Bible Commentary treats every passage of the OT and NT phrase by phrase, with hundreds of word studies as sidebars throughout.
John MacArthur is the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, president of the Masters College and Seminary, and featured teacher with the Grace to You media ministry. In more than four decades of ministry, John has written dozens of bestselling books, including The MacArthur Study Bible, The Gospel According to Jesus, and Slave. He and his wife, Patricia, have four married children and fifteen grandchildren.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.